KCs workshop Bonney Wrenches, 2020 build Challenge

Started by ACL1504, February 21, 2020, 06:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

I'm behind on the thread updates but I'm getting to them a little at a time.

After all the bracing was done, I added weights and let them hold the wall sections down over night while the glue dried. It isn't always necessary but these walls were longer than normal so I didn't want the wet glue to soften the braces and as it dried, pull the walls out of shape.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Bruce Oberleitner

Quote from: ACL1504 on March 17, 2020, 05:12:04 PM
To ensure I get the best 90 degree angle on the bracing, I use a small 90 degree angle weight to check the alignment. Of course, this only helps if you do this while the glue is still wet.

More in a few.

Yo Tom,
Great idea on using the 90 degree angle blocks on the structure for bracing.  I realized when I saw your photo that I never seem to check the squareness of my bracing.  That might explain why I sometimes get structures that seem a bit off at times.

Btw, what's your basic dimension on this bad boy?  I'm guessing about 72x24x24.

Janbouli

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on March 18, 2020, 01:37:41 AM
  I realized when I saw your photo that I never seem to check the squareness of my bracing.  That might explain why I sometimes get structures that seem a bit off at times.

Same here , i just measure the length of the bracing I need and slap it on. Maybe next time I'll do it the Tom way .
I love photo's, don't we all.

ACL1504

Quote from: ACL1504 on March 17, 2020, 05:12:04 PM
To ensure I get the best 90 degree angle on the bracing, I use a small 90 degree angle weight to check the alignment. Of course, this only helps if you do this while the glue is still wet.

More in a few.

Yo Tom,
Great idea on using the 90 degree angle blocks on the structure for bracing.  I realized when I saw your photo that I never seem to check the squareness of my bracing.  That might explain why I sometimes get structures that seem a bit off at times.

Btw, what's your basic dimension on this bad boy?  I'm guessing about 72x24x24.

Cousin Bruce,

I've been using the block for a few years now but never showed it in my build threads. I'm not entirely sure why but it seems to help.

The basic foot print on the bottom half is 22.5 X 73.5 scale feet.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Janbouli on March 18, 2020, 05:24:56 PM
  I realized when I saw your photo that I never seem to check the squareness of my bracing.  That might explain why I sometimes get structures that seem a bit off at times.

Same here , i just measure the length of the bracing I need and slap it on. Maybe next time I'll do it the Tom way .

Jan,

I like things to be neat and square and I think it also helps. I feel better at least. Apprecaiate you checking in.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com