Franklin & South Manchester RR Open Houses for 2018

Started by tct855, February 23, 2018, 12:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tct855

Hey all,

Spoke with George Sellios today.  George is well and enjoying his full-time retirement & is busy, busy, busy building & improving his layout.  George is considering having only 3 open houses this next year.

George is having his first open house Saturday, April 14th 9:00am-12: 00pm only $5.00 admission, no kids under 10, no food or drink in the layout area.  Any Groups over four should call George to make sure overcrowding is controlled.  George hasn't confirmed any future open house dates for the remainder of the year as of yet.

The layout is something to see if you're able.                                                                                                                                        Thanx Thom...

Dave K.

Ready to schedule a trip from Chicago once other dates are announced! 👍🏻

jbvb

Saturday 14 April is also the day of this year's Hub Division 'Spring Training' convention in Bridgewater, MA, and a layout tour in Massachusetts south of Boston extending into Rhode Island.
James

tct855

Hi all,

George added the open house date of Saturday Oct. 13th from 9am-12pm.  The next after that he hasn't decided yet.  Remember, George is retired and simply having fun at his pace now.
Thanx Thom...

Dave K.

tct855

Dave,

No June dates.  Sorry, he's been thinking about dropping down to 3 a year open house for the last several years, and now he's done it.  I think the last will be somewhere around the end of year holidays myself.  The gravy train has left the hobby. pun intended.   T...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZngGIw5ONWE

jbvb

The Southern New England Layout Tour taking place on April 14 has updated their website for  2018: http://layouttour.com/
James

Dave K.

My wife's prodding me to book a flight for the April 14 open house. She's good people.

pymarkley

Is there anything a newbie visitor should know?  The kid in me who still has the tattered copy of the RMC magazine from 1986 is forcing me to go.

S&S RR

Quote from: pymarkley on March 07, 2018, 08:14:17 PM
Is there anything a newbie visitor should know?  The kid in me who still has the tattered copy of the RMC magazine from 1986 is forcing me to go.

Just be prepared to be amazed.  And welcome to the forum.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: S&S RR on March 07, 2018, 09:33:45 PM
Quote from: pymarkley on March 07, 2018, 08:14:17 PM

Just be prepared to be amazed. I have never seen a picture that does it justice and I have taken a few of them.  Also,  welcome to the forum.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

tct855

Hi all,
         FYI, George has been enjoying working on his layout (improving & upgrading scenes).  George has also been enjoying traveling and getting new ideas for the layout with his wife Cathy.  George & Cathy went to the New England Prototype Modelers Meet this past Saturday in Enfield CT.  They had a good time meeting and talking with modelers.

George has added another open house this year for Saturday, June 23rd from 9am-12pm.  $5.00 admission, no food or drink in the layout room, no children under 10 & no frowns allowed!  If you're able to attend, "JUST DO IT!"  Thanx Thom...

Flatlander

Is George going to be open during the finescale model expo this year?
If so, I will see it then. If not, i am booking a flight to the October open house.
Thanks
Mark

tct855

Mark,
         Yes, George will be hosting an open house for the Expo visitors on Wednesday, Oct 31st (yes Halloween) the day before the Expo starts on Nov. 1st.  Hours 9:00am-3:00pm.

George's next open house schedule is:

Saturday, Oct. 13th 9:00am-12: 00 pm, and then
Wednesday, Oct. 31st. 9:00pm-3:00pm and then
Friday, Nov. 23rd (the day after Thanksgiving) and then
Friday, Jan. 25th 2019 (the day before the Springfield train show)

Hope this helps!  Thanx Thom...