The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Should we assume there's a New Oak Road somewhere?  ::)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

carl b

This is one beautiful layout. Any new updates Tom?
Carl

ACL1504

Quote from: carl b on January 26, 2020, 02:55:45 PM
This is one beautiful layout. Any new updates Tom?

Carl,

Thank you for the very generous and kind compliment on the layout. Yes, there are, I just haven't posted the updates. I'll do so within the next week.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Here is a quick update. I drilled track side signal pole holes on the Piney Woods mainline and siding on the west side this afternoon.

I've spent the last month or so adding trees to the entire west side. These are the trees Bill and Kris Cutler graciously donated to the Atlantic and Southern RR. Late this afternoon I reinstalled the Lexan fascia to the west side.

This isn't the update I promised Carl, that photo update will be posted later in the week.

I appreciate all the hits and followings over then past month. 15,588 views since December 16, 2019. Thank you!

I guess I better get busy! 8)
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Work on the layout has been slow the past two weeks. My 92 Mother-in-law was in the hospital for four days last week. High blood pressure and fluid on her lungs. I was the designated Uber driver 2-3 times a day. She's home and doing great now. No fluid and blood pressure is 130/84.

Work still continues in the area south of the Big Tahope River.

I was looking at this portion of the scenery for the past month and just couldn't get a good feeling about it.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

It finally dawned on me I didn't cut in any road side ditches like shown below.

Now, where did I put that Stanley box cutter?

Continued -

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I did find the Stanley box cutter and went to work on cutting in the ditches.

White glue was then applied to the cut out area and a base scenery layer was added.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

A second layer was then glued in place.

More in a few. Diet Pepsi time.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

While that area was drying I turned to the other side of the road. The used auto repair shop needed to have some dirt areas.

I re-wet the grass and and sifted on some Scenic Express Fine Natural dirt.

Continued -

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Much more scenery and details will be added to this area later.

Continued in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

At this point I needed to do more roadwork. It would be had to stripe the road with more scenery and trees in place.

For the road striping I used Great Planes KwikStripe model striping tape. I used 1/16" (1.6). In HO it is actually about 6" wide but it still looks decent.

A little fast forwarding here.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Notice in the above photo that I went from doubled line center to single line at the track crossing. The corrupt city fathers of Tahope didn't want to spend the extra money when the road is leaving Tahope to the county.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Looks good Tom. I'm glad your MIL is doing better.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision