Vines

Started by Dave K., May 08, 2018, 07:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave K.

Favorite products/techniques for creeping vines...up-the-wall variety?

rpdylan

Scenic Express sells English Ivy that looks great, I have used it on some scratch builds
Bob C.

Zephyrus52246

This is the Mini Natur English Ivy at Scenic Express     http://www.sceneryexpress.com/Leaf-Foliage/products/1249/

Jeff

Dave K.

JusticeCity

Take Woodland horse hairs (2-3), spray with glue, dip in small tree foliage leaves...repeat until density required.

rpdylan

neat idea Marty, gotta try that!
Bob C.

Dave K.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

bparrish

So this is an easy one.........

The photo below is an example.  Draw the thinnest of lines of white glue on the structure where you want the vines.  Then sprinkle the ground foam of your choice onto the wet glue.  Press it in lightly and then let the glue dry.

Shake off the loose and you are done.

I scratch built two of these yard shacks about 8 years ago for a division contest.  The two were exactly alike...... including the vines......... Just to confound the judges ! ! ! !

see ya
Bob

Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

postalkarl

Hey Bob:

And they look good too. Love the yard tower too.

Karl

rslaserkits

here are some I did in N scale using the string method
rich

Rail and Tie

here are some "N" Scale vines as well. The ones on the trellis are done with the string method using actual cat hair from our Siberian cat. very fine hair.  She donated it during brushing...  Added the yellow flowers one at a time to the vine. The vines on the retaining wall are done using the white glue method painted by dipping the edge of a #11 exacto blade in glue and dragging it along the path. Take care to have only the finest edge of glue so the vines are not too wide.
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

Janbouli

Besides the great vines that is a fantastic looking kitbash Darryl.
I love photo's, don't we all.

GPdemayo

Neat details in N scale Darryl..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jim Donovan

Dave;

I just tried something I did not see listed that worked well for me. Though I have to admit I wish I had thought to look at the Forum first for ideas on this. I am adding detail to a kit I just finished. I used EZ Line (brown) for the vine material, smeared tacky glue to it and then ran it though a cup filled with a Scenic Super Leaves mix I made. The EZ line grabbed the glue great and it does not have the 'fuzz' of regular thread. Because it stretches I had some wiggle room where I wanted it a little. I'm sure your project is already done but might work in the future.
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Dave K.

Cool idea, Jim.👍🏻👍🏻