Inter-Action Enterprises Seabiscuits Boatworks

Started by madharry, August 23, 2020, 05:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Janbouli

Great job Mike , hope we can meet again in the nearby future.
I love photo's, don't we all.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

madharry

Thanks very much Curt, Tom, Jeff and Greg. Jan I do not know when we will meet again but I hope it is sooner rather than later.
Here are some details I have been working on today.
Cheers everyone!
Mike

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

postalkarl

Hey Mike:

The details are coming along nicely.

Karl

madharry

Thanks for your support Curt and Karl.
Continuing.......I add the outside frame for the storage shed plus a pile of wood made from the off cuts of the kit.
Mike

madharry

Continuing.........the kit includes self adhesive aluminium foil tape and a plastic corrugator tool to make corrugated roof panels. You basically cut the tape to size and then rub back and forth to press the corrugations in. I will leave that to next time!
I had in my stash some Campbells panels that I had already etched with ferric chloride. So...........here are the pictures.
Mike

WigWag Workshop

The corrugated roofing on the overhang looks incredible! I also really like like the way you did your walls.

-Steven
A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb

Jerry

Mike great job on the boats.

And the roofing is very natural looking with the right amount of rusting.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

madharry

Thank you Steven, Curt and Jerry for your very kind comments.
Continuing.............I cut the wharf piles and stained them with A&I before attaching them to the beams on the underside of the boatworks.

Mike

postalkarl

Hey Mike:

This is coming along very nicely. Can't wait to see what you do with the dock.

Karl

madharry

Thanks Karl.
Continuing.........I added the diagonal bracing planks to the posts. The planks are supplied in a laser cut sheet however I found I was short by three so I cut some from scrap.
Mike

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb