Bar Mills Seckler's Cold Storage Background Flat for the A&S

Started by ReadingBob, December 26, 2019, 02:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Here's the structure before the lighting was installed.  I really need to make a backdrop for taking pictures on the kitchen counter.  :D

To light her up I build a few boxes with lights that could be placed behind the walls.  These will prevent (I hope) light from bouncing off the wall the structure is placed against and unrealistically leaking out the sides.  You can barely see the fine wires that are attached to the goose neck lights installed in the front of the structure.  They're part of the circuit too.

Here they are, held in place with masking tape.  2/3 of the lighting has been completed at this point.

More in a moment... 8)

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ReadingBob

The final pictures.  All lit up.   ;D

Last one's a bit blurry.  Sorry about that.

I can't wait to see this on the Summit level with the Judge spotting some reefers on the track in front of it.   ;D

Thanks for following along!  On to the next build!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

Janbouli

Beautiful Bob , great modeling, nice tip how you did the water tank.
I love photo's, don't we all.

cuse

Wow. That's a beauty! That's going to look great on Tom's layout. I especially love the lighting tech and the white painted finishes...George would approve.

John

ACL1504

Bob,

Holy Moly, what a beautiful build. I'm speechless, this is absolutely fantastic.  I'm curious though, do the Oreos come with the build?

Now, I really do owe you lunch forever. Thank you so very much for this build.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Mark Dalrymple

This came up a treat, Bob!

A really interesting thread and I real winner of a structure.  Looking forward to its instillation on Tom's layout.

Cheers, Mark.

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

tom.boyd.125

Bob,
Another great build and Thank You again for all the photos you shared in this process.
The lighting job is amazing. Will have to run some Oreo cookies thru the chocolate machine while all the photos are being studied.
Either it's living in Minnesota too long but this build gives me the chills...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

tct855

Bob,
       What a fantastic job, (of course) as usual.  This is an awesome job, love the lights!  Tom will love this and many who visit will take lots of pictures.  Thanks for sharing.  Thanx Thom...

ReadingBob

Quote from: Janbouli on May 03, 2020, 11:48:30 AM
Beautiful Bob , great modeling, nice tip how you did the water tank.

Thanks Jan!  I just couldn't bring myself to use the water tank that came with the kit after I messed it up so I adapted the process of building a water tank similar to the one in the FSM Avram's kit I recently built.  I've learned a lot from building FSM kits over the years.  ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: cuse on May 03, 2020, 01:30:14 PM
Wow. That's a beauty! That's going to look great on Tom's layout. I especially love the lighting tech and the white painted finishes...George would approve.

John

Thanks John!  I think it'll look okay up there at eye level on the Summit.  Hope you get to see it in person someday soon.  :)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: ACL1504 on May 03, 2020, 02:19:49 PM
Bob,

Holy Moly, what a beautiful build. I'm speechless, this is absolutely fantastic.  I'm curious though, do the Oreos come with the build?

Now, I really do owe you lunch forever. Thank you so very much for this build.

Tom ;D

Sorry, the Oreo's don't require cold storage.   ;D  ;D

You are certainly more than welcome.  Now I need to figure out a way to sneak it down your way and drop it off.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: mark dalrymple on May 03, 2020, 03:18:34 PM
This came up a treat, Bob!

A really interesting thread and I real winner of a structure.  Looking forward to its instillation on Tom's layout.

Cheers, Mark.

Thanks Mark.  I can't wait to see it on Tom's layout myself.  It should provide a decent back ground structure for some of those wonderful loco's he and the Judge have.  ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: PRR Modeler on May 03, 2020, 04:58:07 PM
Really beautiful build and lighting Bob.

Thanks Curt!  Much appreciated.  One of these days we'll all be able to get together at Tom's and check it out in person.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net