FSM Westside Auto

Started by Zephyrus52246, September 07, 2019, 05:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GPdemayo

Late to the party on your build Jeff.....good progress and I'll be looking in.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

carl b

Looks good Jeff.
Looks like you have the same angle plates I use....
Carl

Zephyrus52246

Thanks, guys.  Here's the building with the roof on.  Need to touch up the trim edges and get that dried glue glob off the roof.  :o

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

Next up are the dormers.  You know they're futzy when they take up more than a whole column on the instructions.   :P The bottom edge of the front piece needs to be sanded to match the roof angle.  Then the side pieces put on to match, and then their tops sanded to match the dormer roof.  Only two of them came apart while sanding.  Put in the windows.  Glue on roof.

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

The instructions then say to paint the roof, to match the main roof and add a tarpaper strip on the stop.  I just used tarpaper on the dormer roofs.  Here's the angle irons helping hold the roofs on the dormers.  I should get some small baggies to put the ballast I use for smaller roof weights.   ::)

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

Remember to leave the roof strips slightly long on the back, or they won't touch the roof (I did this on a previous build and actually remembered to do it here.  I added black paper behind the windows so they can't be seen through.  Her's one installed/roofed dormer.  Three to go.  Then they need some trim put on...

Jeff

S&S RR

Jeff

I just got caught up with your build, looks great.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Opa George

This looks really good, Jeff.  I like the textured look of the roof paper.  Looks real.
--Opa George

Mark Dalrymple

Looks great, Jeff.

Cheers, mark.

postalkarl

Hey Jeff:

Looks great. really like your stucco.

Karl

GPdemayo

What Karl said.....the stucco looks great.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Zephyrus52246

Thanks for looking in, guys.  The roof is finished.  Trim around the bases of the dormers.  The instructions note just using tar around the front of the dormer, and trim on the sides.  I thought it would look better with trim all around.

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

A cover over the back door and a small one over the phone area on the front.

Jeff