The Atlantic & Southern Saturday Report

Started by Judge, January 05, 2019, 03:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Oh my, what a story. Imagine telling us the brakeman got married. What a whopper lie that was.

Here's the proof of old #1516.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nq5kGVpoT8
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Another fine report - great to hear about the good times on The Atlantic & Southern.  Tom I know where you left your watch.  Check the video.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

John,

Funny, if only I could find stuff by looking at the video, life would surely be easier, especially in the train room. :P :P :P

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

BandOGuy

Inquiring minds want to know,
why was the engineer of 1516 blowing for grade crossings in the ovalix? There's gotta' be a back story there, somewhere.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

Judge

Gentle readers:
1516 blew her whistle for crossings in the Ovalix in order to (1) show off, and (2) because she could.  It also proved she had enough steam to make it all the way from the bottoms to the summit while blowing the whistle.  Thanks for asking.  Things happen for a reason on the A&S.

jimmillho

Love the story Bill and I can see that it took a lot of steam to blow that whistle that long.

Jim

Judge

Miller - The steam was no problem.  There was an abundance of hot air in the shed Saturday.  More than enough for the whistle.

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ACL1504

I forgot to show the SAL Geep at Summit.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

tct855

Nice work T~.  The only layout in American with an actual mile of modeled track in a 1500' room. grin.  Keep up the great work brother!  KP-out...

ACL1504

Quote from: tct855 on February 01, 2019, 01:02:28 AM
Nice work T~.  The only layout in American with an actual mile of modeled track in a 1500' room. grin.  Keep up the great work brother!  KP-out...

KP1,

Thanks brother much appreciated. There is a lot packed into this small space.

KPII ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

vinceg

That really is a spectacular piece of engineering, Tom. I have never seen anything like it. Amazing.

You gotta track cleaning car, right?  :)
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

Judge

Vince - The A&S does own a track cleaning car, but I am here to tell you we haven't used it on the ovalix for over two years.  Between DCC and WOW Sound's Keep Alive feature, we have very few stalls, even on turn-outs while running 0-6-0's. 

You do have a point.  I'll get a maintenance order off to the head of the A&S's MW Department, Will Fixer, and get him onto track maintenance right away.