R. T. HARDING MINING CO.

Started by Jerry, May 10, 2020, 09:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

Jerry thank you very much.  It's great to have you following along.

John wonderful to have a nice compliment from you.
I'll be watching for when you do the HO version.

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Jerry

Picture of the amalgamation Tables,

This just about finishes this one.  Need to do the slurry on the tables and water line.

Next up the Ore Feeders.

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

jerryrbeach

Jerry,

I'm finding this thread really interesting and educational to boot.  Not only are you displaying your usual beautiful modeling skills, we are all getting a glimpse into the process involved in separating mineral from the ore.  Is it safe to assume you are going to model the complete line of machinery?   Maybe you could provide a brief explanation of how this process works for those of us that are interested but not completely up to speed.
Jerry

Jerry

Jerry

Thanks for the nice compliment.

Yes I will be doing all the machines for the Mill.

Actually I'm learning as I go along on how this all works.
When the Ore comes in at the top.  Its dumped an goes over a Grizzly.
The fine pieces go through and into an Ore Bin the larger pieces get crushed by the Rock Crusher.
After the Ore Bin they go into the Ore Feeder which sit right behind the Stamps.
From the stamp the ore being crushed is made into a slurry.

I can add to this after I see how this gets to the Wilfrey Tables.

Jerry

Jerry

Start of the Two Ore Feeder

Just a picture of the metal parts blacken but not buff yet.
And the wood laser pieces not stained but the burn marks removed.

Jerry

A small update.  The one is just the stand the other one with the hopper.

Still need to do all the mechanical pieces under the hopper!

Jerry

While I'm finishing up the Ore Feeders.  I made a mock up out of foam core to see how big the the mill will be.

Jerry

One Ore Feeder done one to go.  The arm that is sticking up eventually gets connected to the middle stem of the stamp mill.
When the tappet hits it the ore feeder opens and sends more ore to the stamp.

jerryrbeach

Jerry,

This is looking better every time you post some photos.  Your explanation of the workings of the mill components really helps me understand at a base level what I am seeing and how everything should work together.  Without a scale in the earlier photos I couldn't tell how big this structure is going to be. Can you share the overall dimensions?
Jerry

S&S RR

Jerry

Your making great progress. I'm really enjoying your thread. I find all the mine equipment fascinating - there was a lot of great engineering behind these facilities. I will be following along.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

GPdemayo

Well done with the ore feeder Jerry.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Jerry

Quote from: jerryrbeach on June 18, 2020, 06:51:37 AM

Jerry,

This is looking better every time you post some photos.  Your explanation of the workings of the mill components really helps me understand at a base level what I am seeing and how everything should work together.  Without a scale in the earlier photos I couldn't tell how big this structure is going to be. Can you share the overall dimensions?

Jerry thanks for the compliment.  I'm learning as I go on how everything is suppose to work.  Its very interesting.

Size 13' wide x 27" deep x 15" high.

That could change but it gives me idea on how much space I need.

Jerry

Jerry

Quote from: S&S RR on June 18, 2020, 07:39:33 AM
Jerry

Your making great progress. I'm really enjoying your thread. I find all the mine equipment fascinating - there was a lot of great engineering behind these facilities. I will be following along.

John glad your enjoying it.  Having a master like you following along keeps me going.

Jerry

Jerry

Quote from: GPdemayo on June 18, 2020, 08:14:13 AM
Well done with the ore feeder Jerry.  8)

Gregory thanks for compliment.

Jerry