Flagstop stations O scale 2 versions

Started by hairball, December 20, 2019, 10:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hairball

As I sat down and marked up the clapboard wood siding to create an O scale structure, I thought I can make another version of this and change its appearance enough to be different.

I built them simultaneously.

mike lynch,.........MADMIKE3434............HAIRBALL

hairball

second version

mike lynch

postalkarl

Hey mike:

Both version look just great/beautiful.

Karl

hairball

Thanks Karl............
I think I must have been looking at FSM #150 advert and thought this should blow up to O scale easily but just use main building design.   Its always about real estate used, because in O before you know it your out of available space.

mike lynch..........MADMIKE3434............HAIRBALL

Bruce Oberleitner

Hi Mike,
Wonderful model work.  Where you working off a set of plans from one of the magazines or did you just develop the plan yourself?

hairball

Bruce, pretty sure I looked at FSM full page color advertisement for his HO KIT #150 as an idea. The picture gave me the idea.    Same as The grand Depot, looked at the full on front picture and scaled it to o scale having no idea what the rear or sides ends looked like.

Then proceeded to scale it up to O scale using standard height and width for the walls.  Front walls are probably 9 foot high to suit the era.  And to the peak 14-16 feet high.

Using a scale ruler mark 9 foot, the go to O scale 1.48 side and 9 foot high, whoops you doubled the size of the structure , that's how I do it

mike lynch.............HAIRBALL

GPdemayo

Neat variation on the same structure Mike..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL