Bar Mills Majestic Hardware

Started by Bobby, March 09, 2015, 09:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby

Greetings Folks,

I'm currently working on Bar Mills Majestic Hardware.

Some of the ingredients (apologies for the lousy picture quality):

Priming the castings and the foundation for the structure:

Walls have been prepped with an AI wash:

To be continued....
Bobby - THE Goat!

Bobby

Foundation assembled:

Here is the aforementioned foundation with most of the walls prepped. The walls, windows & signs have be painted and/or weathered, lifted and scuffed a few boards and added signs with transfer tape:

To be continued....
Bobby - THE Goat!

UP Fan

Majestic Hardware has to be one of my favorite Bar Mills kits.  I'll definitely be following along with your build.  Off to a flying start.  Keep up the good work.

Raymo

ReadingBob

Nice start.  This is a really neat structure with a lot of character.  I had the pleasure of building the N Scale version and found it very enjoyable.  I'll be looking forward to following along with your build.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

martin.ojaste

Bobby

Quote from: UP Fan on March 09, 2015, 10:42:32 PM
Majestic Hardware has to be one of my favorite Bar Mills kits.  I'll definitely be following along with your build.  Off to a flying start.  Keep up the good work.

Thanks Bob!
Bobby - THE Goat!

Bobby

Bobby - THE Goat!

Bobby

Quote from: ReadingBob on March 10, 2015, 07:30:09 AM
Nice start.  This is a really neat structure with a lot of character.  I had the pleasure of building the N Scale version and found it very enjoyable.  I'll be looking forward to following along with your build.   :D

Thanks Bob!
Bobby - THE Goat!

Bobby

Thanks for the comments guys.

Ok, most of the walls have been assembled:

Now I'm moving on the the roofing and corrugated metal siding.

To be continued...
Bobby - THE Goat!

jonnyci

Goat and anyone else that has built this kit -

How did you handle the peel and stick foundation windows?  I am having a heck of a time coming up with a way to keep them in place.

Thanks
Jon

rpdylan

I built this kit a few years ago and it def. is a favorite of mine. As far as ANY peel and stick parts in a kit- DONT trust the glue! I learned over the years to just glue all my parts rather than relying on the stickiness of the parts.
Bob C.

ReadingBob

Quote from: rpdylan on March 13, 2015, 08:02:20 AM
As far as ANY peel and stick parts in a kit- DONT trust the glue! I learned over the years to just glue all my parts rather than relying on the stickiness of the parts.

What he said!  I do the same thing.   :D

That's a really nice job you did on this one by the way.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

jonnyci

Yeah , I don't trust the glue, but my problem is, is that the openings are waaaay to big for the windows.  Suggestions?

rpdylan

Always have some strip stock on hand for this type of situation- I stock myself with some scale 1x3, 1x4, and 2x4 from Northeastern Scale Lumber (I do a lot of scratchbuilding and I like their product). the best way is to solve the problem like this is to do as it would be done in the real world- i.e. using trim boards to cover seams or fill in spaces, ect.  Also, I have in the past glued some black painted cardboard to the back of the window openings- helps for window frames that fit inside the openings rather than over them.
    It looks like your build is coming along nicely, btw.
Bob C.
Bob C.