The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

I managed to get more scenery done on the area south of the Big Tahope River.

First, I decided to add the RIX old fashion concrete bridge sides to the area along the river retaining walls. I had to order a supply of them to finish this project. Once these are painted and installed, I can finish the scenery here and move on to the river.

More in a few.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I added oil stains to the roadway. The camera really picks up the dark grey as it is actually very subtle on the road.

Continued -
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

A few more trees were added along with some weeds and over growth.

I add scenery over a period of time as it gives me a much better perspective of how it looks and what else is needed to make it look more natural.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

A couple of years ago, Frank Baker was at a train show in AZ. He called and said a vender was selling palm trees. I told him to get what he could.

The vender was Bill Lankford and his business is Creative Accents/ Bill Lankford Studio. I got two of each style. Of course I sat on my A-- and didn't buy any others from Bill. Now, he no longer makes the palms. They were about 6-8 dollars each.

Here is a date palm and it is a scale 42 feet high.

Seeing this next photo reinforces the notion I need a handy background board.

I'll have more to show tomorrow or the next day.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Awesome modeling Tom. Unfortunately it will be at least 3 weeks before I can see it in person.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ReadingBob

Outstanding and that's just the first layer!   :o  It's really taking on life.  It's alive!  It's alive!!  ;D  ;D  ;D ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

sdrees

This is really taking shape Tom.  I like the way you put your scenes together.  Very nice
Steve Drees
SP RR

Erieman

Tom,

Everything is looking great. Can't wait until you cross the river! Want to see how all those structures work out. Keep up the great work my friend.

Frank / Erieman

Janbouli

Your scenery is getting better and better Tom , I just love it.
I love photo's, don't we all.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

BandOGuy

Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

Mark Dalrymple

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on February 11, 2020, 07:01:16 PM
Awesome modeling Tom. Unfortunately it will be at least 3 weeks before I can see it in person.

Curt,

Thank you kind sir. I certainly hope to be here in three weeks.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on February 11, 2020, 07:47:16 PM
Outstanding and that's just the first layer!   :o  It's really taking on life.  It's alive!  It's alive!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bob,

Thank you. This area seems to just keep going and I've already made changes to what has been posted. More on this later this afternoon.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: sdrees on February 11, 2020, 09:41:49 PM
This is really taking shape Tom.  I like the way you put your scenes together.  Very nice

Steve,

Thank you as well. My scenes start in my pea brain, either grow or die. If the idea survives, I move on to the scenery part.

Again, thank you.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com