The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

I ordered some extra overpass railing from Rix. They offer four railing in a pack so you don't have to buy the entire highway overpass kit to get extra railings.

i opened all four bags and combined them into one bag. This way when I misplace the bag I can't use any of them. ;D  Otherwise I'l misplace all four bags.

More in a few. ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I measured, cut, glued and then spray painted them with Floquil Aged concrete. When dry I glued them in place as shown in the following photos.

Continued -
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Now I can finish the scenery in this area.

I added the railing to the other side as well.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

bparrish

Tom...

This is getting really cool...

What is the current product name for the Woodland Scenics large coarse foam?

Thanx
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on February 24, 2020, 11:27:23 AM
Those railings look very nice Tom.

Curt,

Thanks very much. BTW, the A&S is closed this Saturday, 2/29/2020.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: bparrish on February 24, 2020, 12:14:51 PM
Tom...

This is getting really cool...

What is the current product name for the Woodland Scenics large coarse foam?

Thanx
Bob

Bob,

Thank you as well. Sorry, but can you be a little more specific about the large course foam?

Tom ;D

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Tom

The new section is looking great! The yellow pad of paper looks familiar  - I have one for stuff I need to order and a check list of things to fix.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ReadingBob

That area is really coming together nicely.  I know you have more to do but WOW, what a change since the last time I was down to visit.  Maybe Maddie won't growl at me next time I drop in.   ::)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

tom.boyd.125

Tom,
Your Atlantic and Southern RR is a real show stopper. The hard work you put into it is really showing !!!
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

MAP

Great progress Tom.  You make it look soooo easy!
Mark

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on February 25, 2020, 05:22:58 PM
Tom

The new section is looking great! The yellow pad of paper looks familiar  - I have one for stuff I need to order and a check list of things to fix.

John,

Thanks very much. The yellow pad is for, as you said, making notes and a supply list.  8)

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on February 25, 2020, 08:54:51 PM
That area is really coming together nicely.  I know you have more to do but WOW, what a change since the last time I was down to visit.  Maybe Maddie won't growl at me next time I drop in.   ::)

Bob,

Thank you for checking in and for the compliment Yes, much more to do but it is getting done. Maddie was just protecting the A&S RR! Now she knows you are one of the good guys.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on February 26, 2020, 01:26:16 PM
Tom,
Your Atlantic and Southern RR is a real show stopper. The hard work you put into it is really showing !!!
Tommy

Tommy,

Thank you, much appreciate the compliment.  Hard work and fun combined.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com