R. T. HARDING MINING CO.

Started by Jerry, May 10, 2020, 09:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

engine909

Jerry

Quote from: engine909 on October 13, 2020, 01:12:07 AM
Very nice modeling Jerry.
ed

Thank you Ed glad to have you following along!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ACL1504

Jerry,

I love this thread and your fantastic build. Makes me want to have a coal mine but the residents of Tahope get their coal from a hopper and then a dump truck. 8)

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Jerry

Tom a great thank you!  Maybe I could ship you some gold once we get going.  Would pay for your coal mine!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Jerry

A small update on the Mill Machines

The boiler is done except for the weathering which I hope will bring out all the detail parts.

Also the Steam Engine is done.

PRR Modeler

You never fail to amaze me with the museum quality of your modeling.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Jerry

Curt that is just such a nice compliement thanks you so much!

Jerry

Jerry

I didn't like the way the Boiler was going to fit inside.  So I made a small building outside to put the Boiler in.
The framework is done.

Just a quick up date so that follow can see where I'm at.

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Dennis Bourey

Agreed very nice job Jerry.....Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

jerryrbeach

Jerry,

Great modeling.  The flyball governor on the stationary engine is pretty cool.  I'm a little jealous to see how much detail you are able to have in O scale.
Jerry

Jerry

Thanks Curt its appreciated.

Dennis thanks its nice to have you guys make great comments.

As always Jerry thank you.  Yes the detail in O-scale is really nice.  But remember the bigger the scale the more you have to pay attention to the detail.

Again thanks a lot guys!

Jerry

Jerry

Finally progress on the Mill.  The two walls on the right are not glued in place.  Otherwise it would be like working on a ship in a bottle.

Next will be the floors and then the machines.

Jerry

jerryrbeach

Jerry,

Beautiful modeling!  Exterior board colors have a nice subtle color variation.  I like the interior best, color variations and brownish tones mimic the colors that develop as wood ages naturally.  Really looking forward to seeing how the beautiful machinery fits together inside.
Jerry

Jerry

Jerry thanks for the nice compliment.

Yes the wood aging coloring goes with the dust on the walls also.
Down the bottom you can't see it in this picture its really dirty as the dust from the machines would filter down more.

Jerry