MORRISTOWN & ERIE RAILROAD - WESTERN DIVISION

Started by Erieman, December 28, 2013, 10:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bntrainmaster

coors2u

Everything looks amazing Frank. The Yakima buildings look great on the layout.
Dustin

cuse

Looks great...can't wait to see it in a few days!

Erieman

Quote from: GPdemayo on December 29, 2013, 06:30:58 PM
Atta boy Frank, keep the pictures coming!

How are you doing on the man cave drawing for Tom?

Good Morning Greg,

your grid drawing was a big help. Now working on designs for all three levels. the aisles on the design you sent me were too small, so I have an alternate solution in that skinny room. hope to have something to show John later in the week and get his opinion before emailing it to Tom. I'll post some more pics later today.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Quote from: Bntrainmaster on December 29, 2013, 08:07:08 PM
Awesome job Frank. Thanks for sharing.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thanks Bart, glad you enjoy the railroad.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Quote from: coors2u on December 29, 2013, 08:26:18 PM
Everything looks amazing Frank. The Yakima buildings look great on the layout.

Dustin,
Thanks for stopping by. glad you enjoyed Yakima apples. Still a lot to do installing them on the layout. More pics later.

Frank / erieman

Erieman

Quote from: Cuse on December 30, 2013, 09:37:41 AM
Looks great...can't wait to see it in a few days!

John,

You are supposed to be on vacation, not looking at the forum. Well, okay. Look forward to your visit later in the week. hope you and the family are enjoying Grand Canyon, Sedona, etc. The weather forecast here in the valley is cool mornings and 70's in the afternoon. Just purfect. Enjoy you vacation.  By the way, there is a very large layout just south of Sedona in Cornville. I mean really large - 3000 sq. ft. Call me if you might have the time and I'll give you the directions. It is open all day.

See you soon.

frank / Erieman

Erieman

Moving right along , I have been installing in Yakima apples 1 and 2. I cut and glue a piece of heavy cardstock under the structure and then build up the surrounding vegetation around the buildings. I found some real fine sand a while back and have used it around the base. After installing the base, I build up the surrounding ground surface to prevent the building from moving and looks like it belongs there. Building two has been installed, power poles added. Building one base has been added and I am reviewing the location. so far it looks great. The base for building one needs ground cover.  Here are a couple of photos of the progress.

Frank / Erieman

cuse

Thank you to Frank and his wife for their hospitality today.

This is one spectacular layout. Everything is top notch from the design to the neat wiring, storage beneath, kitbashed SRMW kits throughout, etc. I was especially impressed with the graceful curving fascia throughout. It created a very pleasing "frame" for Frank's artwork.

Thanks again!

John

Erieman

Quote from: Cuse on January 02, 2014, 11:54:22 PM
Thank you to Frank and his wife for their hospitality today.

This is one spectacular layout. Everything is top notch from the design to the neat wiring, storage beneath, kitbashed SRMW kits throughout, etc. I was especially impressed with the graceful curving fascia throughout. It created a very pleasing "frame" for Frank's artwork.

Thanks again!

John

Thank you John for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing the layout. We need to get Tom and Greg to visit, but that's another day. Glad you enjoyed the layout. Still a long way to go, but it is the journey of meeting friends that makes the hobby what it is. Glad you had the time to see both my layout and my neighbor's. Have a safe trip home and please say hello to everyone at the SBG.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Got an text message from John Mancuso this morning. He mentioned taking some panoramic photos of the layout. so I did. The  one thing that I immediately notice doing the panoramic photo is the distortion, but so be it. Here are a couple of photos.

Frank / Erieman

GPdemayo

Tom and I have been talking about getting out there, so we're working on Pegi & Pam.

Nice looking panoramics.....
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Erieman

Quote from: GPdemayo on January 03, 2014, 02:10:17 PM
Tom and I have been talking about getting out there, so we're working on Pegi & Pam.

Nice looking panoramics.....

Thanks Greg,

Let me know what I can do to help you get the girls to bring you guys to Arizona! I am sure that we can put something together giving them time to do their thing and ditto for us. we can't use weather as an excuse, because currently, we both have nice weather. How about a couple of  day health spa retreat? There are plenty of those out here. Need to focus on Shopping / beauty / or perhaps horseback riding in the desert. Just a couple of ideas. give me a call if you want to discuss this anymore. we have to do this before Tom gets out his saw and drill and starts making new stuff!

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Erieman

Greg,

Talked to Tom the other day and cleared up some design details. I also gave some recent drawing thoughts to John Mancuso during his visit the other day. Enjoyed the visit with John. Still have a few other designs that I am working on. As I told Tom, this is the must important part of the hobby. Layout planning is critical to operation, functionally and visual interest to the railroad. Making mock ups, either full size or scale are also important. We just need to get you guys here for a design planning meeting. Good luck with that topic with the wives. Another thought that I mentioned to Tom is to get SKYPE hooked up. We could do a lot of idea exchange without traveling. We could have Saturday meets on the computer talking about design ideas! I need to find a mobile camera with audio that I could hook up to my computer so I could walk around and show ideas. Talk it up. Skype could be a great tool.

Well, need to get back to a model. Have a great day.

Frank / Erieman