HORSESHOE CURVE HOURS

Started by tprrmb, September 27, 2017, 02:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tprrmb

Just an FYI, for anyone who was planning on visiting the curve prior to the expo, like myself, I just was on their website, and after Oct 28, they are only open Fri-Sun, which means they would be open Nov 3-5. Plenty of other good train watching locations in the area, just didn't want anyone to be disappointed at the curve.

ReadingBob

Thanks for the info!  I was planning on running over there on Thursday but will adjust my plans according.  Like you said, there are plenty of other good spots to watch trains.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Zephyrus52246

Thanks for the heads up.  I had thought of going there Thursday as well.

Jeff

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Dave K.

Good to know...thank you. 👍🏻

postalkarl

Hi All:

The last time I went there there was no open or closed. It was just a RR and you just went to see it.

Karl

Raymo

As the saying goes,"Great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there"! The curve is neat to see but there are other spots for photo opportunities that are better for zero costs. It helps that you can/ or could get into the Railroaders Museum in Altoona if you paid to get into the curve. Not sure if this is still the policy there. It's been 10 years since I've been there, but the museum is a must see if your in the area.

ReadingBob

It seems like at least a few of us our interested in running around and checking out the real thing while we're in Altoona.  I'd rather do it with a couple buddies than on my own.  Maybe we can coordinate this madness in some fashion.   ;) 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

S&S RR

Quote from: ReadingBob on September 28, 2017, 10:54:02 AM
It seems like at least a few of us our interested in running around and checking out the real thing while we're in Altoona.  I'd rather do it with a couple buddies than on my own.  Maybe we can coordinate this madness in some fashion.   ;)

Bob

I'm driving in and would love to fill the Jeep for a road trip. Let's figure out which day works best for the two of us and then see who else is looking for a ride and some model train talk along the way. It sounds like there will be some layout tours to through in the mix, too.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

If we end up with more than one car load of people interested we can take multiple cars and still all go at the same time.  I'm good for 4 model train size people in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. ;)
John Siekirk

ReadingBob

Sounds good John.  I should be arriving Wednesday evening.  I planned on using Thursday (weather permitting) to check out the real thing but Friday and Saturday morning are also possibilities.  I haven't perused the clinic schedule that closely yet to see who I want to heckle (Slim) which ones I want to sit in on.  I know I'll be spending my $ Friday afternoon supporting some of the vendors that show up.  Wish I could support 'em all but I only have so many $ to go around.   :D 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

Slim Jerkins

No Tootsie Rolls for you!  >:(

-slim

S&S RR

Quote from: ReadingBob on September 28, 2017, 02:14:34 PM
Sounds good John.  I should be arriving Wednesday evening.  I planned on using Thursday (weather permitting) to check out the real thing but Friday and Saturday morning are also possibilities.  I haven't perused the clinic schedule that closely yet to see who I want to heckle (Slim) which ones I want to sit in on.  I know I'll be spending my $ Friday afternoon supporting some of the vendors that show up.  Wish I could support 'em all but I only have so many $ to go around.   :D

I will also be coming in Wednesday and Thursday looks like it will be pretty open (I didn't sign up early enough to get into the paid clinics). Let's look for other possibilities for Thursday's plan. I will PM my phone number and we can talk in a few weeks when we both have had a chance to look through the schedule.  I think heckling Slim should be a high priority.  ;)
John Siekirk

ReadingBob

Quote from: Slim Jerkins on September 28, 2017, 03:18:24 PM
No Tootsie Rolls for you!  >:(

-slim

I didn't get any last time.  Oh....wait a minute....is that what hit me on the head and woke me up?   :P
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net