Malcolm Furlow Imagination Station Saratoga mine kit

Started by fsmcollector67, May 25, 2017, 05:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsmcollector67

I recently purchased this kit from a collection. I however can find little to no information as to if it was a limited run, or other. If anyone out there has additional information on this, please reply here.
Thanks so much...
Loren....
9 Fingers Loren.....
"Watch out for that #11 Blade"

bparrish

Loren ...

You're right. There isn't much out there.

Malcolm wrote mostly in the 80's for MR magazine so my guess is that this kit is from the early 90's at the latest. 

Hopefully the castings are all there. It's not un common for pirates on eBay to take the original castings and substitute them for nothing or poor re-makes. Hope they are good. 

Malcolm was the guru of the day for detail, grunge, and whimsy.

I've never seen one of his kits but I'll guess they are pretty cool. 

See ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

rpdylan

Bob C.

fsmcollector67

Bob C,
Here is what the box looks like....
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

Bob,
The kit was bought back in the mid 90s at a train show, and all of the castings are still sealed. They are, from the description dental cast material so they seem very hard. All parts are present. It is a strange kit, as all the walls, and roof are cast......
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

S&S RR

Quote from: fsmcollector67 on May 26, 2017, 10:08:36 AM
Bob,
The kit was bought back in the mid 90s at a train show, and all of the castings are still sealed. They are, from the description dental cast material so they seem very hard. All parts are present. It is a strange kit, as all the walls, and roof are cast......
Loren...

Loren

Interesting kit.  My experience with the dental cast material is that it just keeps getting harder and more brittle with age. Handle the castings with care.  I think the best way to get more information on the kit would be to contact Dave Frary or Bob Hayden.  Please let us know how you make out with the kit.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad