Bar Mills - Majestic Hardware

Started by Willwood42, April 04, 2016, 05:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willwood42

Well here is the finished Majestic Hardware from Bar Mills. Thanks to everyone who helped me in my thinking as I worked on this kit. I modified it slightly from the directions. 1.) I added a loading dock, if I had to do it over I might make it a scale foot or two wider. 2.) The material for the roof over the front door was too thick and it obscured part of the "Majestic Hardware" painted sign, so I cut some from the leftover self-adhesive plywood which was much thinner. 3.) Didn't really understand the putting tar paper directly over the shingles ( I am sure someone has an example), so I didn't. 4.) I put some 2x4 wall framing behind the outside wall on the covered drive through  5.) Added pigeons to the roof.

All of the signage not supplied in the kit would bleed if applied with water diluted white glue. The signs on images
1 4 and under the overhang on 3 were applied using a slurry of white glue and isopropyl alcohol. For the Purina banner on the tower I substituted titebond for white glue. It adhered to the metal better

-david

rpdylan

Nice job!   This is a great kit for learning techniques.  Its got really nice details.  I didn't really change much when I built mine...
Never finished detailing the dio...

Bob C.

cuse

I love that kit...great job to both of you!
John

coors2u

Dustin

postalkarl

Hi Wildwood:

Very nicely done.

Karl

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL