Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Today, I did a lighting test of the inside LED lights.  These pictures are of the 4 stall section of the roundhouse.  I'm still working on the 11 stall building.

The roundhouse is going to be at eye level when it is in place on the layout so I wanted just enough light to be able to see the locomotives (and all those wood beams I spent all those hours on) through the windows.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

The pictures are with my iPhone, and not very good, but you get the idea.  I will get some good pictures with the SLR once the roundhouse is in place on the layout.
John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

I like the brightness of the lights. It's a good fit since lights were generally not as bright as now.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on July 08, 2020, 08:16:25 PM
I like the brightness of the lights. It's a good fit since lights were generally not as bright as now.

Curt

Thank you for the comment. The LED's are mounted on the floor in the back of the roundhouse - one at each post.  The roof cards are painted black on the top but I left them white on the inside so they can reflect  and disperse the light. I like white I see looking through the windows with my eyes - camera didn't capture it as well as I would like.  The window is out of focus.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

The Superior and Seattle Railroad received a shipment yesterday after two weeks of anxious waiting for the post office to come through with a shipment. Dan Raymond sent me the first batch of vehicles he is building for the S&S RR. As you know, Dan's vehicle builds are works of art. I spent my life in the automobile business and Dan's detail work on these models is superb.

The plan for these vehicles is to have them move around the layout - like the trains - so they will be seen in different settings from time to time.

This evening they all visited Bob Butts' Avram's build, for a car show.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

John Siekirk