B&O RR 2-8-0 painting - B&O Guy will like this one.

Started by ACL1504, March 29, 2020, 05:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

It looks great. Looks like you know what you are doing with decals.

Karl

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

GPdemayo

Great job Tom.....can't wait to get down there and run that little beauty thru Tahope.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: bparrish on April 03, 2020, 03:28:55 PM
Greg.....

You said that often you had parts left over................... did it work when you got it back together ? ? ?

If yes then the thing had too many parts to start with.

see.............. simple

see y a
Bob

Bob.....the simple answer is an embarrassed "I don't know".  :-[

I did it over 35 years ago an I think it kind of sputtered for a foot or so and died. It is still in pieces in a box somewhere.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on April 06, 2020, 05:23:39 PM
Hey Tom:

It looks great. Looks like you know what you are doing with decals.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you, I appreciate you looking in on the thread.

Over the years I've learned a few tricks to getting the decals to lay flat and appear to be painted on.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on April 07, 2020, 09:42:12 AM
Great job Tom.....can't wait to get down there and run that little beauty thru Tahoppe.  8)

Greg,

Thank you Butty. You can run it slowly through TAHOPE.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on April 12, 2020, 11:28:12 AM
Quote from: GPdemayo on April 07, 2020, 09:42:12 AM
Great job Tom.....can't wait to get down there and run that little beauty thru Tahoppe.  8)

Greg,

Thank you Butty. You can run it slowly through TAHOPE.

Tom ;D

okaaaaay  ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

I've added a few more details and now all is ready for the TCS WOW install.

The front air hose has been painted and marker jewels were also installed.

Cab windows were installed using clear Mylar/Acetate, cab crew were install and cab curtains were added.

After the sound is installed, I'll weather the loco and post photos at that time.

Continued -

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

DCC WOW sound is now installed and working properly. Only weathering and the coal load is missing. Coal load to be installed tomorrow.

Continued -

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The judge built this  Silver Streak B&O caboose some 40+ years ago. This caboose is now assigned to the E27. Note the little separation between the end and side walls?This was common after several years on Silver Streak models. Looks pretty dang good for a very old model.

Continued  -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The Judge has requested that my next brass painting be the C&O H-5 2-6-6-2.

I'll be doing a separate thread for this one.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

BandOGuy

Thanks for the instruction and inspiration, Tom.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

Judge

This is one of my favorite locos.  The H-5 was of USRA design and had drivers a little larger than the more famous H-6, the last of which is in the B&O Museum in Baltimore.  This old hog could really pull those coal hoppers up and down the mountains.  The painted, finished model ought to be an outstanding addition to the A&S as another example of a Central Florida railroad leasing needed steam power to lug heavy trains up the Ovalix.  Four miles an hour, five miles an hour, who cares!  Greg will have to keep his hands off of this one!