Who is going to the Expo? Anyone want to meet?

Started by Jim Donovan, September 29, 2018, 04:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Donovan

The wife is letting me  out to play so I am going for first time. Who else is going and does anyone know the area to suggest a time and place to get together or has someone already covered this.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

NEMMRRC

There has been a "forum dinner" at just about every one of these shows. It's a great way to meet the folks we chat with on here regularly.

I had hope to be there a this Expo but it is not going to happen for me. I am really bummed out about it. On the plus side, if anyone wants my hotel reservation I'll gladly let you have it. The only condition is you have to bunk with THE Runner. But hey, maybe he will share some of his award winning tips with you.

Hopefully all the regulars attending will chime in and sign the register  ;D

Later.

Jaime

jrmueller

My wife and I arrive by train from Virginia on Wedsday evening. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

Dave K.

S&S RR

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend this year.  I just couldn't make the logistics work within my budget. This will be the first one that I have missed. One of you that are attending are going to have to make up for my expenditures is the vendor room. I'm sure David K. will step up. I hope everyone attending has a great time.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Dave K.

So sorry we'll be missing you, John. I'll bump up my credit card max to cover for you with the vendors.

gleiphart

Arriving early Wednesday afternoon (Halloween!) for me and the Mrs. Staying with a friend and his wife who we met at the expo last year. He lives 12 miles or 12 minutes from the site this year. What a blessing.

Dave K.

Last year the Forum crew went to dinner Thurs night before things got busy, but Friday would work, too. We all exchanged #s so no one got left out.

Jim Donovan

John, sorry you are not going to be there, was looking forward to meeting you. I have been reading your layout thread and find myself taking notes and saying, 'OK so that's how you do that'. Hopefully next time.

As for meeting up I too will be arriving Wednesday evening.  Thursday or Friday dinner both work for me. Sounds like most going know the drill. What would be great is if someone that knows Albany can suggest a restaurant and a time I don't mind confirming the reservation and making sure all that are going (and lets everyone know they are coming) get the information. If a more experienced member knowing the ropes would like to corrdinate that would be even better.

My cell number is(813) 842-9501

Jim D.

Dave K.

I won't be renting a car this time, and don't know downtown Albany. Hopefully something in close proximity to the hotel. Anyone know the area?

Dave K.

Dave K.

Maybe we should start a designated thread...

Dave K.

Oh, wait...this is a designated thread. D'oh!🤓

Dave K.

City Beer Hall has long tables and a room for a group as small as 15.

Jim Donovan

Dave

You done this before and City Hall looks great, you mind being the coordinator? I will be driving so can take up to five if we need to drive.

Jim D