Silver plume store in HO

Started by Graffen, May 12, 2017, 07:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graffen

Hi all!
This is my latest build that only took me two days to finish.
I had this HSM Silver plume store kit. (Same MFG as the fire station I built)

Really nice old craftsman kit with mostly printed cardboard and wood parts. Moulded plastic windows and corbels.
The walls had to be cut from sheet wood.
Roof material is surgical tape.
Real glass in the windows (which needs to be cleaned...) 😀.

The smoke stack is made from a wood dowel.

Now some interior to make.

S&S RR

Very nice looking build.  Thanks for sharing it with us.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Janbouli

Great job, thanks for sharing.
I love photo's, don't we all.

Zephyrus52246

Looks great.  I see wallpaper on the inside walls, any interior details?

Jeff

Graffen

Thanks!
The interior will be added when I know what business it's going to be...  :)

deemery

The interior, as I remember it from about 15 years ago, had a store counter that ran 3/4 of the way across the width of the building (attached to the right hand wall).  Behind that there was a door on the back wall (left hand side) that led to the outside.  I think there was a partition so behind the counter there was a small 2nd room. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Graffen

Quote from: deemery on May 13, 2017, 08:24:23 AM
The interior, as I remember it from about 15 years ago, had a store counter that ran 3/4 of the way across the width of the building (attached to the right hand wall).  Behind that there was a door on the back wall (left hand side) that led to the outside.  I think there was a partition so behind the counter there was a small 2nd room. 

dave
Thanks! What was it used as then?
The small room would be a storage room I guess?

deemery

Quote from: Graffen on May 13, 2017, 01:22:18 PM
Quote from: deemery on May 13, 2017, 08:24:23 AM

dave
Thanks! What was it used as then?
The small room would be a storage room I guess?
It was a store/office building.  I don't quite remember what he was selling, but the owner was involved with a wolf rescue group, and had wolf/dog hybrid in the back yard.  That small room would be a storage room (or possibly a place for a single owner to sleep, back when the store was built.)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Graffen

Thanks Dave.
On pictures of the real building, there's a house on the right of it (as seen from the front) that seems to be joined together with the store?
Maybe a direct entry into that store room?

Graffen

Pic of how it looks now.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Rail and Tie

Excellent Work Graffen,

Any chance you could give us a tutorial on your wood siding weathering? You say you brush on White Spirits and then use acrylic paint for the siding before the spirits evaporate?

Cheers!

D
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com