The view from my window - the F&SM from the cab of a Steam Locomotive

Started by FandSM Engineer, October 02, 2019, 07:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FandSM Engineer

FandSM Engineer

For those that were asking about the video clips that I'm getting these pictures from, I talked to Frank Baker and he only has the raw files that consist of many small video segments which would require lots of editing before they could be shown. The same files that I have.  Nothing is available on U-tube to his or my knowledge. As you can see from the pictures I'm doing a lot of editing to the screen grabs before posting them here.

Dave K.

deemery

Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

S&S RR

Quote from: Dave K. on November 17, 2019, 11:18:47 AM
Enjoying them tremendously...thank you for your efforts!

Your welcome Dave.  I have lots of pictures to go.  I actually found some where we will go through some of the same scenes but in the opposite direction.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: deemery on November 17, 2019, 02:32:39 PM
Quote from: FandSM Engineer on November 17, 2019, 09:01:31 AM
On the F&SM RR you never know what's around the next bend.

Gawd, it's King Kong!!!

dave

I have found some pictures of a number of our forum members inspecting George's work. I will be throwing them in every once in a while.
John Siekirk

tct855

Quote from: FandSM Engineer on November 17, 2019, 09:16:07 AM
For those that were asking about the video clips that I'm getting these pictures from, I talked to Frank Baker and he only has the raw files that consist of many small video segments which would require lots of editing before they could be shown. The same files that I have.  Nothing is available on U-tube to his or my knowledge. As you can see from the pictures I'm doing a lot of editing to the screen grabs before posting them here.

Hi John,
         Beautiful scene footage captures of George's layout for sure.  I love seeing Jamie in the latest pics. you should show more of the whole grew who were there that day.  Look forward to seeing the rest of the pics you edit.  Thanx Thom... 

postalkarl

S&S RR

Quote from: tct855 on November 17, 2019, 03:08:16 PM

Correction - I have 14 video clips of different lengths.  I think one is of Thom and I trying to figure out how to turn the camera on.  It was on the whole time. ;) ;D ;D ;D

Hi John,
         Beautiful scene footage captures of George's layout for sure.  I love seeing Jamie in the latest pics. you should show more of the whole grew who were there that day.  Look forward to seeing the rest of the pics you edit.  Thanx Thom...

Hi Thom

I'm glad you are enjoying the pictures.  It sure took me awhile to get to this project.  I'm trying to find a good picture of each of us taken from the camera on the train. The big problem is that it's hard to see the faces on most of the pictures because the bright lighting below the valence make the dark lighting where the faces are very dark.  We all should have done what Jaime did.  ;)  Everything I have done so far is from 2 video clips.  I think I have 8 or 10 of them so there is much more to come. For those following along Thom was running the trains the day the video was shot, and I have some great audio of him getting instructions from George.  Maybe a few of the pictures with hand gestures will be appropriate to post. ;)  I do have a picture of Dan with a hand full of cash that deserves a good caption. More to follow - please stay tuned.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on November 17, 2019, 05:33:20 PM
Hey Guys:

Looks like Jaime made it into the pic.

Karl

He sure did - come to think of it I have hundreds of layout pictures with Jaime in the background, from all over the country. I wonder how that happened.
John Siekirk

Raymo

Just getting around to viewing this thread, some amazing views!

Raymo

Quote from: S&S RR on November 17, 2019, 05:50:31 PM
Quote from: tct855 on November 17, 2019, 03:08:16 PM

Correction - I have 14 video clips of different lengths.  I think one is of Thom and I trying to figure out how to turn the camera on.  It was on the whole time. ;) ;D ;D ;D

Hi John,

Hi Thom

I'm glad you are enjoying the pictures.  It sure took me awhile to get to this project.  I'm trying to find a good picture of each of us taken from the camera on the train. The big problem is that it's hard to see the faces on most of the pictures because the bright lighting below the valence make the dark lighting where the faces are very dark.  We all should have done what Jaime did.  ;)  Everything I have done so far is from 2 video clips.  I think I have 8 or 10 of them so there is much more to come. For those following along Thom was running the trains the day the video was shot, and I have some great audio of him getting instructions from George.  Maybe a few of the pictures with hand gestures will be appropriate to post. ;)  I do have a picture of Dan with a hand full of cash that deserves a good caption. More to follow - please stay tuned.
I had cash? Must be from a fare..