Southern RR Ms-4 2-8-2 Painting

Started by ACL1504, June 26, 2020, 05:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on July 17, 2020, 07:57:41 AM
Another beauty to add to the roundhouse, Tom.  Great work as usual.

Jeff

Jeff,

Thank you for the compliment, much appreciate you checking in.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

deemery

The problem I have is that Tom makes this all look so easy!   ;D

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ACL1504

Quote from: tct855 on July 18, 2020, 02:10:10 AM
ACL 1504,
What follows applies -Crap, crap, crap:
poor lighting, bad photography, stupid looking scenery, wavy track work that goes nowhere (but in circles), ridiculous poorly built trees, wrong era vehicles, unrealistic water scenes, poor quality structures (including the actual benchwork), very poor painted engines and rollingstock etc:
not to you my friend!  ??? However, all the aforementioned should list what all I remember and are impressed by your never wavering sicking talents.  Stay healthy and keep inspiring those like me who utter your praise with a never wavering sickness and awe.         KP-out...

KPI,

Wow, two things come to mind here. One, you are crazy and secondly my mother paid you to say all that. Now, that said, we know you aren't crazy and my mother passed in 2004. So your pontificating compliment must be sincere.

You forgot one thing my friend. I'm still striving to be the painter you are and you have set the bar very high. I don't seem to be able to jump that high in my old age.

I do appreciate the compliment kind sir.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: deemery on July 18, 2020, 08:08:03 AM
The problem I have is that Tom makes this all look so easy!   ;D

dave

Dave,

It is easy for me now. But 40 years ago when I painted my first brass loco I was a nervous wreck. If my math is correct, this makes my 395th brass paint job. No, only about 50 of those are mine. The more I painted the easier it got. The one thing I dislike the most is installing DCC in the painted brass.

Thanks for stopping by and posting a comment, I appreciate it.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com