Started by postalkarl, June 13, 2019, 02:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hey George:

glad to have you along.

Karl

postalkarl

Hey Bruce:

I have the rest of the kits to build for this also. They will not be added together until they are put onto my friends layout.

Karl

Jerry

Karl as usual your moving right along.

Its great to see someone change the coloring to there liking and your doing a wonderful job with the colors.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Karl

You are off to a great start - love the wall coloring.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

Hi jerry & John:

thanks guys appreciate your input. Here's where I am on bunk number 1. Glued main roof down and added the vents,  Need to do the roofs and then add the cap shingles.

Karl

Bruce Oberleitner

Quote from: postalkarl on June 15, 2019, 01:08:58 PM
Hey Bruce:

I have the rest of the kits to build for this also. They will not be added together until they are put onto my friends layout.

Karl

I hope you will post some pictures when everything is put into your friends layout.  That's going to make for one hell of a scene!

8) 8) 8)

Opa George

postalkarl

Hey Bruce:

His layout is 35 X 45 feet and it's just getting underway so I have no idea when they will be placed on the layout. glad you like the way it looks.

Karl

postalkarl

Hey George:

thanks buddy glad you like how it looks.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi Guys:

Bunk #1 if finished. Added a few signs and some newspapers. I started this June 13th so it took about a week to finish. Here's a few pics. Hope she looks OK. Brett said you could ad A piece of wood instead of cap shingles so that's what I did. A flat piece and a ridge piece on top. Got this idea from another kit I built years ago. I may put a rolled roof on bunkhouse #2.

Karl

dick green

Awesome job Karl. A week for you is a month for us mere mortals, but I'd love to build one of his kits.
Dick
Apple Valley, Mn

postalkarl

Hey Dick:

Thanks for the compliment. Glad you like it.

Karl

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

hey Gregory:

Thanks buddy appreciate you comment. Much appreciated.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi Guys:

Separate boards have been added to Bunkhouse #2. Here's a photo.

Karl