Cypress Creek Railroad

Started by SteveCuster, July 30, 2017, 05:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

Seems like every addition brings out the other buildings more.

Wonderful job on this RR.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Lynnb

Its nice to see you're getting a good balance of building structures and getting them in the scene and working on the layout as well. The river and waterfall scene looks great.
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

Mark Dalrymple

Your making some really good progress here, Steve.  Looks great.

Cheers, Mark.

SteveCuster

Thanks everyone.

Small progress update..

I added some foliage to this little hillside in preparation to start to work from the back forward in this area.

A different angle of the area.

This is where Chippy Hollow will go. Of course its only sitting there until I figure out the rest of the area. Just to give an idea of my intentions here. You can see where I wrote "Station" on the roadbed to the left...That will be where the station is going. I already started on it. I'm using FSM Brownsville Depot.

Another shot of the area from a different angle. I'm going to work this area for a little while until I get a better plan for the front portion of the area with Grittys.

I did some not particularly interesting things to the layout also since the last update. I replaced all of the lighting in this area with LEDs. As I work my way across the layout I plan on replacing all the fixtures with LEDS. I also added a fairly crude switch panel and a few Tortoise switch machines.

Thanks for checking in.

Steve Custer

engine909

Beautiful work Steve on all your kits.
ed

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Jerry

A little goes a long way.

Thanks for the update wonderful modeling.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

vinceg

Very nice, Steve. I really like that Blandings and Gallard structure. I have never seen that before. Is that a scratch build?
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

S&S RR

Steve

The layout looks fantastic, I'm really enjoying following your progress. Thank you for sharing it with us.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

SteveCuster

Thanks everyone. I'm glad there's some interest in what I'm doing here. I intended to reply earlier but the database error always get me from my phone.

Vince, The Blandings and Gallard building is a reworked Master Creations kit. It was missing one of the main structures when I bought it on Ebay. I ended up just making whatever I could out of it.
The old Master Creations kits are good buys if you plan on ignoring the directions and doing your own thing but you have to get them cheap enough.

I did a build thread of it here:
http://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=4220

I'm working on the depot for the layout right now. Should have an update soon.

Steve Custer

postalkarl

Hey Steve:

WOW!!! buddy it's really looking pretty cool.

Karl

Jerry

Steve any progress of late?

Jerry

Keep It Rusty

Just went over the thread again. Really great modeling. Feast for the eyes.

EricQuebec

Very nice... always a pleasure for the eyes
Great modeling skills
Eric

SteveCuster

Thanks guys. I've made a few additions to the layout since the last update. I'll post a few pictures later tonight. I'm glad to hear you guys are interested.
Steve Custer