Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Oberleitner

Quote from: vinceg on February 17, 2020, 06:11:12 PM
Wow, John, cheez. Shades of John Allen. Looks great. Phenomenal.

Can't agree more.  Amazing stuff John.  I can't wait to see what you come up with as I am sure it will be spectacular.

sdrees

this will be an amazing scene when you get the buildings placed.  Nice going
Steve Drees
SP RR

S&S RR

Vince

Wow - thank you for the kind words. It was reading the book on John Allen's life that got me into the hobby so many years ago - so there has to be an influence.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on February 17, 2020, 06:59:30 PM

Can't agree more.  Amazing stuff John.  I can't wait to see what you come up with as I am sure it will be spectacular.

Bruce

Thank you, I never know how it is going to come out but I have a plan. There is a lot of work/ "fun" before we will see how it turns out. ;)
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: sdrees on February 17, 2020, 08:23:50 PM
this will be an amazing scene when you get the buildings placed.  Nice going

Steve

Thank you, stay tuned and we will see how it turns out.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: Today, I spent some quality time running trains with the Grandkids. It was fun to watch my 18 month old Granddaughter get so excited about watching the trains.  Each of my Grandkids have a mountain named after them and always expect to see something new on their mountain when they visit.  Another fun way to share the hobby.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

A little more progress on the Swakhammer build, today.  Added the crane and started building the platforms.

John Siekirk

jerryrbeach

John,

Great looking structure, and the final detailing such as the crane is really making it special.
Jerry

S&S RR

Quote from: jerryrbeach on February 23, 2020, 10:39:41 PM

John,

Great looking structure, and the final detailing such as the crane is really making it special.

Jerry

Thank you for following along and the encouraging words.  This build is getting done a few minutes at a time right now but progress is being made.
John Siekirk

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

ACL1504

John,

The Swakhammer build is looking fantastic. Very well done, really great.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: Oldguy on February 25, 2020, 09:28:32 AM
Holy cow!  And I'm frettin' over making a ditch.

Bob

Thank you for following along. It's all about the details and ditches are important.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on February 25, 2020, 12:07:26 PM
John,

The Swakhammer build is looking fantastic. Very well done, really great.

Tom ;D

Tom

Thank you for the complements and for following along. As you well know, the layout becomes more alive with every one of these builds. I really enjoy the process of tying them all together to make a railroad.
John Siekirk

tom.boyd.125

John,
The S&S RR is really looking fantastic !
All your structures you built, the tracks you installed, the scenery to the ceiling , etc. is making this a thread not to miss to check on it's progress.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

S&S RR

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on February 26, 2020, 01:24:34 PM
John,
The S&S RR is really looking fantastic !
All your structures you built, the tracks you installed, the scenery to the ceiling , etc. is making this a thread not to miss to check on it's progress.
Tommy

Tommy

Thank you for the encouraging words and for following along. One of the great things about doing these threads is I can look back and see where I was at with the RR a year ago or even 5 our more years ago.  I know I'm making progress but sometimes you need to take a step back to recognize it.
John Siekirk