Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

The Fox Run build has made it's way to my detailing detailing workbench.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: I have been switch back and forth between working on the Fox Run Milling build and continuing with the track changes and wiring on the layout. I will take a few progress pictures today.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I have made some progress on the detailing of the Fox Run diorama.  I haven't glued the building to the base board yet, I'm playing with different configurations for the structures.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Progress picture of the Fox Run Build:  I added a foundation and glued the buildings in place. The foundation requires a few changes to the build as you will see in the coming days. Yes - in the end, most of the foundation will be covered.  ;)

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The castings for the Brick Roundhouse build have been retrieved from storage and are on my little cart.  I started reading the instructions last night.  I have a lot of layout work to do. Another build has begun.
John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

Beautiful Job Sir...... I love the paint factory in the background..Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

Quote from: Dennis Bourey on April 14, 2020, 10:12:28 AM
Beautiful Job Sir...... I love the paint factory in the background..Dennis

Thank you Dennis. It's interesting that all of those paints get used to establish a base color, but I always end up adding chalks over them. I have a drawer full of chalks with most of the same colors.
John Siekirk

deemery

I'm totally impressed with how the paints are all cataloged with color patches and numbers.  My paints are tossed into drawers :-)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Dennis Bourey

Dave, Mine are still in boxes, Along with 100 kit's lol I'm trying though a junk room of 40 years sucks to find a new home for everything. I found things I forgot and have doubles and triples. I have enough stuff to open Dennis's hobby shop for a short period, I'm up to 27 totes of train stuff. Will be building this spring though. Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

deemery

Dennis, I hear you!  When we moved, I packed a pick-up bed load of boxes with paints, solvents and stuff the movers wouldn't take, and moved that myself.  Then I rented a U-Haul trailer and moved a pick-up truck and trailer full of the rest of the train stuff.  :-)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)