Chooch facades - Done looking, thanks all.

Started by JimF, November 12, 2019, 07:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimF

Updating this based on Tom's info.

Years ago, Chooch Enterprises made & sold five Victorian styled building facades, numbered 8200 through 8204

If anyone has one or more of 8200, 8203 or 8204, stuck in a box or closet, that might never get used, I'm interested in buying them.

Thanks.

Jim

S&S RR

Jim

I checked the stash and no luck - I thought I had some from my old layout but I must have given them away.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Mark Dalrymple

Main Street Heritage seems to have something pretty similar?  Jay's Trains has some - pretty reasonable price too.

Cheers, Mark.

JimF

Thanks for looking, John

Mark, the Chooch ones were multi story (3, maybe 4 floors) Victorian styled. The Mainstreet Heritage buildings are nice, but all single story except the bookstore. On Jay's Trains site, the only Chooch item I see is a Weston'r Warehouse kit, not facades.

Thanks guys.

Jim

ACL1504

Jim and others,

Here is what Jim is asking about. These came out some 20+ years ago. They were limited to a run of 500. Not sure it means 500 each or a run of 100 of each design. The tooling on all five was very sharp and clean. Extremely well done.

I have all five and do plan on using them in the Summit level of the Atlantic and Southern RR.

This is the Bank facade.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Mark Dalrymple

Thanks for the photo's, Tom.

These look very nice!  You could perhaps cut and paste City Classics kits?  They would be wider I would think, but if all else fails...

Cheers, Mark.

JimF

Tom,

Thanks for that info. O only knew of 3 of them, and did not have any part numbers. All that will help with searching.

Space wise, I'll only need 2, I think. Mark, I already have 2 City Classic Ohio St kits, that will be combines into one building. That, a couple of other kits I also already have, and hopefully the Chooch kits will fill the space alloted for that part of street.

Thanks again.

Jim

deemery

I'll be interested to see how you bash those City Classics kits together.  I got a couple with the same idea...

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

JimF

Dave,

This is a link to the gallery on the City Classic site. Almost at the bottom is a bash using 3 of the Grant St facades. I'll only be using 2, for a wide front, with blank walls for the sides.

http://www.cityclassics.biz/gallery/index.html

Also, you are probably aware of John Ott's site, but just in case:

http://www.ottgalleries.com/

Although a fictitious setting, it is based on Salem MA at the turn of the last century.

Jim

bparrish

Gents....

The four story City Classics facades could easily be cut down a floor or two if needs be.  Just use a razor saw in the scrap area and then file to true.

I did this some years ago with some model power three and four stories. Later they came with separate floors allowing you to choose how many you really wanted.

See ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?