PRR Bellevue Sub Build

Started by PRR Modeler, June 07, 2020, 02:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

Bob I would probably need banking like NASCAR! LOL :)
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ReadingBob

Quote from: PRR Modeler on July 07, 2020, 08:03:50 PM
Bob I would probably need banking like NASCAR! LOL :)

;D  :D  :D  14 degrees is the banking of turn one at Pocono Raceway Curt.   ;)   Greg would be thrilled (though he'd probably prefer Daytona's steeper banks.

By the way the bench work looks wonderful.  Great progress my friend.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Zephyrus52246

You're making great progress.  Smart move to inset the ends of the platform at the ends of the peninsula so you don't catch them going around the corner. 

Jeff

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hey Curt:

Benchwork is looking just beautiful. Can't wait to see some track, scenery and buildings. Keep up the good work. Nice RR room too.

Karl

GPdemayo

Quote from: PRR Modeler on July 07, 2020, 06:46:48 PM
Greg I hope you're not holding your breath butty! ;D

Tick.....tock.....tick.....tick.....tick..... ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Rainy Afternoon All,

Thank you Bob, Jeff, and Karl for your support and kind words. And of course we can't forget Greg ;D.

Don't know if I mentioned it that on Thursday I finished installing the lighting buss and hooked it up to the new power supply that Tom gave me several weeks ago. It's been tested and I have 24 volts at the end of the peninsula and 23 volts at the farthest point away from the power supply. Probably no train room time until Wednesday because of family commitments.

I have also ordered 2 spools of 14 gauge wire for the 2 reverse loops since I ordered 20 gauge in error and discovered the issue Thursday ???.

This is the mounted power supply. Tom gave me some direction over the phone for electrical hookup. Thanks Tom for everything. I thought I had saved a photo of the power supply but I guess not. I will post one next time.
Curt Webb

jerryrbeach

Curt,

Your benchwork has really come together.  Compared to how long it took me, you built this at "Greg speed" and then some.  Awesome progress, won't be long until the track hits the layout! 
Jerry

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Thank you Jerry for following along and the kind words.

Today I hooked up 2 PSX AR's to the main buss and tested. The correct lights came on :). The reverse loop buss wiring is waiting on the14 ga wire to arrive. The silver box is the lighting power supply mounted that Tom gave me.

Curt Webb

postalkarl

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Thank you Karl for your support and kind words.

Today had some ups and downs. I started out mounting the 4 UP5's I had previously. After that I installed their power supplies. I tested the UP5's by plugging in a throttle (without battery) to see if it powered up. Three of the 4 work. One UP5 will not power up regardless of the power supply used and separately one power supply doesn't seem to be working either. So Friday I need to go by the LHS after visiting Tom.

There will be 2 more UP5's on the peninsula (getting from Tom Friday) with the "new" base station (5/8 amp). I tested the UR92 and it powers up but I didn't want to mount it until the new base station is placed in it's location because I want to mount it next to it.

I also strung loconet cable for most of what is needed. I still need a 15 ft and a 5 ft cable. Probably no train room work until Sunday afternoon or Monday due to family commitments.
Curt Webb

ACL1504

Curt,

Looks like its coming together nicely. I'll have all the stuff you need tomorrow.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hey Curt: 

Looks like you are getting more wiring done. 

Karl

PRR Modeler

Good Afternoon,

Thank you Tom and Karl for your support and kind words.

It's been 6 days since posting last, but there was a lot of family projects interrupting my MRR time. :'( I have the old "new" Digitrax DCS-200 system in place, all panels are working and today I was able to move a loco on a test track remotely with a DT402D throttle ;D. The only thing left to do with the DCC system is to hookup 2 UP5 power supplies on the peninsula, and they are supposed to arrive tomorrow via UPS.

I cleaned up all the power cords from 6 UP5 (includes the 2 I'm waiting on), 1 UR92, and 1 base station power supply into 3 wall plugs. Because of the lightning and associated power surges issues here, I always completely unplug the layout from the wall when not in use.

On the wiring front all I have left to do is run a buss for the second reverse loop (wye). The PSX-AR for it is already installed.

I would like to take a minute and thank Tom for his advice, time and generosity which means a lot to me. I would also like to thank Greg for his volunteering to run the layout through his CAD system. I used his plans directly for building the framework, also for keeping it "real" (me) as to what would work T/O wise.
Curt Webb

postalkarl

Hey Curt:

WOW!!! you not just messing around. Beautiful job so far.

Karl