Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: DennisBourey on January 27, 2020, 09:34:21 PM
My God I can't believe this layout. Thanks my friend.

Dennis

Thank you for following along and the kind words. I have a lot of work to do before it will start getting that finished look.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: mark dalrymple on January 28, 2020, 04:06:06 AM
Swakhammers looks awesome, John!

Cheers, Mark.

Mark

Thank you for the complement. It's getting there with the detailing - a lot of detailing work to go.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

Hey John:

the model and the RR look just great. Like how you did the roof details on the kit.

Karl

vinceg

Dang, John,

I gotta find a way to do a road trip over to your neck of the woods. Love the work you're doing. Maybe a weekend getaway that includes a visit to the Henry Ford Museum or Greenfield Village or something. Thx for sharing.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

S&S RR

Quote from: vinceg on January 28, 2020, 06:35:17 PM
Dang, John,

I gotta find a way to do a road trip over to your neck of the woods. Love the work you're doing. Maybe a weekend getaway that includes a visit to the Henry Ford Museum or Greenfield Village or something. Thx for sharing.

Vince

Thank you for the kind words and I would love to have you visit.  The Henry Ford and Greenfield Village have a lot of railroad history displays.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: I decided to concentrate on my track work changes for the next few days to try and get everything running again. I may have some visitors in February and want to have the layout in a unable state. It just means that the structure builds will be on the back burner for a while. I will still add a piece here and there to have a sit down job. ;)
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: I made a lot of progress on the track work, today. I expanded the work to change the way the sidings will work in the waterfront area of the layout.  There's always a better idea. ;)
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Today, I got the last section of track glued down for the Town of Sellios track work changes.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Here is a picture from a little farther out - I get to use all the tools on this job. ;)

John Siekirk

S&S RR

In addition to the track work I'm adding all the electronics in this area.  The computer boards are going in little drawers in the facia. The turnout controls will also be located in the facia.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The electronics drawers - will be held in with four screws.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

You will also notice that I added a top rail that will help protect the layout and also serve as a guardrail if anything ends up off the track.  This rail will be painted the dark green color that I used for the facia.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

A process picture of the track changes around the Locomotive Works.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update:  Today, I added about 6 sections of track and then started adding the tortoise machines that will control all of the turnouts in the new track and in the Eagles Nest Yard area.  This is going to be a big job - there are a lot of turnouts. :o
John Siekirk