PRR Bellevue Sub Build

Started by PRR Modeler, June 07, 2020, 02:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

You're welcome Curt.....weren't we all supposed to be at your place to run trains on the 18th?  ::)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Karl and Greg thanks for following along and your support.

Greg- I am running a train now (a loco anyway) about 12 inches in forward and reverse. :o
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Jerry

Progress is a wonderful thing!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

GPdemayo

Quote from: PRR Modeler on July 20, 2020, 07:29:53 PM
Karl and Greg thanks for following along and your support.

Greg- I am running a train now (a loco anyway) about 12 inches in forward and reverse. :o

That's a start.....keep up the great work.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Good Afternoon All,

Jerry thanks for your thoughts and following along.

Greg- Whew! the pressure is off! ::)

Today I put in the second reverse loop buss and hooked up my programmer to the power supply and base station. Sitting here I realize that I had meant to extend the main buss in the peninsula but forgot to :o. The UP5 power supplies haven't come in yet either.

Curt Webb

ReadingBob

Impressive Curt!  Benchwork looks neat and well constructed. 

Not sure 12 inches is enough to bring 'em up to Greg speed though.  ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Mark Dalrymple

Hi Curt.

You are making some great progress!  I really like the purple colour.  A bit different.

Cheers, Mark.

PRR Modeler

Bob and Mark thank you for following and commenting.

Mark it's actually has more red in it than the camera shows and darkens as it ages. The idea behind it is Pennsy Tuscan Red.
Curt Webb

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Just a quick update. Today I installed the 2 power supplies for the UP5's and added the extension for the main buss on the peninsula. Afterwards I did a retest of layout wide power levels and functioning of the DCC system and everything is good. Famous last words! ::)

This part of the wiring and DCC install is complete. Tomorrow is train room cleanup. :(
Curt Webb

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Today I started mounting plywood to the framework. I'm using 15/32 sanded plywood (not cheap but nice). I'll need another trip to Lowes to finish but I still have 6-4x4  and 1-5x4 pieces left in the garage for tomorrow.

Getting the pieces attached is a slow process. I carry a piece of plywood upstairs, mark it for cutting, do a quick level check, then carry the board to the garage, cut the board, carry it back upstairs, and attach it, and finally a serious level check. Then start over again. The picture represents about 4 hours.

I stopped at this point (picture) because I was dehydrated, back was getting stiff, and biceps feel like I had a workout.
Curt Webb

Judge

Looking good, Curt!  Modeling the Pennsylvania Railroad in a room that size will give new meaning to "selective compression!"  We look forward to the ribbon-cutting when the first train makes a revenue run. 

PRR Modeler

Evening All,

Thank you Judge for your kind words.

I got a lot done today with the plywood. I finished the right pier and the peninsula then placed one more sheet on the left pier. I have 2 more 4x4 pieces so I will need one more sheet to finish it (better than I thought).
Curt Webb

ACL1504

Curt,

The bench work and decking is really looking nice. Well done sir.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hey Curt:

Oh my you have mad quite A bit of progress. Next thing you know you will be laying track. Can't wait.

Karl

Mark Dalrymple

Coming on very nicely, Curt.

Cheers, Mark.