Building the Front Street Dock & Cotton Exchange

Started by jlgrove, December 18, 2013, 08:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlgrove

..ok, so I'll get a little thread started here too....with no intent of a thread before this forum began, the pictures will kinda start after the fact....I'll do my best to show progress from going back into my pictures and see what happens....most of my builds of late have been my own kits....the only other kit on my bench at this time is Doug's Red Hook 2....(I'll get some pics up on that one here too)

jlgrove

robertseckler

jlgrove

....starting the dock supports...

PHQRR

jlgrove

...this is like dejavu, I can't post pictures again....

jlgrove

Al...the plans on this one for now are -
    - harbor master
    - cotton exchange
    - a small freight house
    - a large freight house
    - another dock with a different footprint
    - and a little grouping of 3-4 stores/dock business's......

jlgrove

...the dock progresses.....

jlgrove

...I hope to post some pictures of the completed Cotton Exchange and the little dio that it is on.....I'll post more construction pictures as I move on to the next building of this series....the next building will probably be the smaller freight house....but knowing me, that is subject to change....I just picked up a neat structure from a friend to do a kit of....which may interfere with scheduled plans... ???

jlgrove

..the Cotton Exchange building.....the picture is of the test build, and the dormers and some others issues have been fixed....

jlgrove

...here is the Harbor Master building for this series....is it unique or weird? 

Dave K.

PHQRR

Quote from: jlgrove on December 19, 2013, 09:36:08 PM
Al...the plans on this one for now are -
    - harbor master
    - cotton exchange
    - a small freight house
    - a large freight house
    - another dock with a different footprint
    - and a little grouping of 3-4 stores/dock business's......

Me thinks this will cause me great misery as I may have to remodel the whole end of Port Hapless...Fortunately it hasn't been ballasted in or too scenicked yet...

Slim Jerkins

Quote from: jlgrove on December 20, 2013, 06:48:31 AM
...here is the Harbor Master building for this series....is it unique or weird?

I think it's unique AND weird.  :o

-slim