2020 FSM Pilgrimage

Started by Dave K., February 08, 2020, 02:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave K.

George has marked his calendar for June 27th, 2020 for this year's friends and fellow modelers F&SM Pilgrimage. For those unfamiliar, it gives us an opportunity to gather together in Peebiddy at the layout for a few hours of awe-inspiring inspiration, and then a lunch gathering in the area. For those of us traveling from afar we usually book the same hotel and catch a nice dinner that evening. We had about 20 people last year and it was a wonderful time.

He hopes to have the new Stromboli area ready for unveiling for us, with a couple of new tall buildings. We always try to set the date well ahead of time to give people a chance to mark their calendars and make arrangements. If you think you're interested, even tentatively, it's a good idea to message me just so that we can keep a list for updates and not leave anyone out. C'mon...June!

Dave K.

Up to 20 so far, counting spouses and tentatives.

NEMMRRC

Count me in. I'll bring along my wife as she's never visited the layout.

Jaime

Dave K.

It's always special to see the reactions of first-time visitors!

Bobby

Oh my! Pencil me in for this!
Bobby - THE Goat!

NEMMRRC

Quote from: Bobby on February 09, 2020, 01:44:47 AM
Dude!! What's been going on?

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Jaime

NEMMRRC

Quote from: Dave K. on February 08, 2020, 10:05:23 PM
Thanks for helping make this an event.

Jaime

Dave K.

Dave K.

Quote from: NEMMRRC on February 09, 2020, 07:59:29 AM
Quote from: Dave K. on February 08, 2020, 10:05:23 PM
Thanks for helping make this an event.

Jaime

As you may know, this began last year when a group of us ("The Expo Orphans") were bummed about there being no Expo and yet we still wanted to get together. George was very supportive and seemed to really enjoy our visit. We decided to try and make it an annual event for those that can only travel occasionally. It's a mix of friends from here on the Forum, Facebook, and HO Scale Customs. As of this morning we're up to 30, including tentatives and spouses. Some will drop...we'll get others... Last year's group of 20 or so was perfect...not too crowded...enough to make it worthwhile. All credit to George!

Bobby

Quote from: NEMMRRC on February 09, 2020, 07:58:48 AM
Quote from: Bobby on February 09, 2020, 01:44:47 AM
Dude!! What's been going on?

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Jaime

Jaime!  Dude.... The last couple of years have been.... uh... complicated. Two thumbs down to adulting!!!

I'm definitely working to get back in the modeling groove in 2020 though.  :)
Bobby - THE Goat!

BandOGuy

Set up day for the Reading Modular group at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania. It's our biggest show of the year for the public, one of the few where the layout stretches its "legs" to its full length. Guess someone will have to be delegated to do my drooling.  :(
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

S&S RR

Dave

Please add me to your list as a hopeful and keep me up-to-date with the plans. I have some things to work out to make this happen but we do have some time. ;)
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

I'm curious as to the amount of time George has set aside for the group. Is it a full day of just a few hour visit to the F&SM?

Not worth the trip from Florida for a two hour tour. Just saying.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

rpdylan

I'm in, as long as I can get the day off.... which will be priority #1!!
Bob C.

Dave K.

Got you on the contact list, gents. Tom, I can't speak for George re: how long the visit will be. He gave us five hours last year and that pretty well pooped him out, and with his ongoing recovery I wouldn't want to push it. I'll be happy to enjoy what time he gives us.