FSM JS7 Houligan's Alley

Started by postalkarl, September 18, 2019, 01:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Oberleitner

I like the guy in the window Karl.  Nice touch!

postalkarl

Hey Oldguy:

thanks much appreciated.

Karl

postalkarl

Hey Bruce:

thanks much appreciated. He's in the instructions.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Added the telephone pole that I missed and also finished up the sway bracing with corrugated panels and signs.

Karl

jerryrbeach

Karl,

I appreciate all the little subtle things you do that add up to an outstanding model.  Your stucco, sidewalk and curb are slightly different concrete colors.  Add in the painted steps and the roofing weathered with grayish tones on the green.  Your colors are muted and compliment each other.  Your overall execution is great.  Thanks for sharing your efforts with us.
Jerry

chris.mincemoyer

Karl,

What did you use for the cellar entrance? Is it a casting from the kit?

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

postalkarl

Hey Jerry:

Glad you like how everything looks. Thanks for the great compliment. Much appreciated.

Karl

postalkarl

Hey Chris:

Yes it is a casting from the kit. It is concrete with wood doors.

Karl

postalkarl

Hey Curt:

Thanks buddy much appreciated.

Karl

Opa George

Karl, I missed the first week or so of your thread and am just getting current with your progress. Wonderful work and weathering, as always.  This is a kit I have been considering, so your build thread is valuable. To echo the others, "keep the pictures coming."  :)
--George

postalkarl

Hey George:

thanks for the great compliment. Much appreciated. Glad you are along for the ride.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

finished the Cupola on the roof today. On to the water tank. Telephone pole looks crooked in the photo but it is actually straight. Dullcoat is still drying on the tar. Looks nice and rough just like on Georges model.

Karl

sdrees

Steve Drees
SP RR

postalkarl

Hey Steve:

Thanks buddy appreciate it.

Karl