Justice City Layout Build

Started by JusticeCity, October 16, 2018, 12:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldguy

Quote from: deemery on January 06, 2020, 11:25:45 AM
I'm taking geology courses at UNH (one per semester, so "half speed.")  My summary so far, "Mineralogy is hard."  But I'm really enjoying it, and I've been looking at my scenery with a much more educated eye (with some things being reconsidered because they no longer look right.)

dave
A little knowledge is always dangerous.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

GPdemayo

Quote from: deemery on January 06, 2020, 11:25:45 AM
I'm taking geology courses at UNH (one per semester, so "half speed.")  My summary so far, "Mineralogy is hard."  But I'm really enjoying it, and I've been looking at my scenery with a much more educated eye (with some things being reconsidered because they no longer look right.)

dave

That sounds great Dave.....I wish I had taken a few geology courses in college so I could understand what I was seeing when we head out west to the Rockies. Pegi and I love being in the mountains, but I don't understand what I'm seeing beyond really big hills, lots of trees and a bunch of snow.  ???
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

deemery

The "Roadside Geology" book series is a good place to start.  My geology profs aren't real fond of them, too simplistic.  But for someone with no background, they're good.  The other book I'd recommend, the one that got me back into geology, is John McPhee's "Annals of the Former World".

Also, many states have introductory books/pamphlets on geology.  One of my favorites was from the PA Geologic Survey, "Geology of the Gettysburg Campaign."

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

GPdemayo

Quote from: deemery on January 21, 2020, 04:15:17 PM
The "Roadside Geology" book series is a good place to start.  My geology profs aren't real fond of them, too simplistic.  But for someone with no background, they're good.  The other book I'd recommend, the one that got me back into geology, is John McPhee's "Annals of the Former World".

Also, many states have introductory books/pamphlets on geology.  One of my favorites was from the PA Geologic Survey, "Geology of the Gettysburg Campaign."

dave

Thanks for the information Dave.....I'll check into them for our next trip out west.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

Jerry

Nice video Marty.  I'll follow along.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

postalkarl

Hey Marty:

Glad to see you are building A model. Will be following your progress.

Karl

ACL1504

Marty,

Nice videos, neat build also.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hey Marty:

Enjoyed the videos. Great job with the peeling paint. I will be following along.

Karl

tooStupid

Well I am finally done the garage as far as I want to take it at this time.

Give this video a glance to see how it turned out.

(VIDEO DELETED)

GPdemayo

Beautiful work Marty.....loved the lighting in the video.[size=78%] [/size] 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ACL1504

Marty,

Love the lighting, great job. Interior is wonderful.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

hey Marty:

great looking interior.

Karl

tooStupid

Guys, thanks for stopping by, it is appreciated.

Here is a quick one day build of an old storage shed that will be hidden behind the engine house when I eventually get to it.

(VIDEO DELETED)

Be kind with this build.

tooStupid

Another quick update.

I bought a FSM Sand House kit back in late 2016 and started to build it. Then I put on the back shelf until some other tasks were completed. Now is the time to finish it.

Join me in the journey in build the kit with no instructions, only templates and stripwood that was sized wrong. What would I should have expected for a $20.00 CDN kit?

Click the Justice City link below to see what has been happening.