Vehicles for the Delaware & Northern RR

Started by jerryrbeach, April 06, 2017, 02:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryrbeach

I wanted to post a couple shot of the Ford Model T truck that I had posted previously on Darryl's (Interaction Hobbies) Model T thread. Moving on, I have been working on a Jordan 1904 Oldsmobile that Dennis Bourey sent me.  I have never built this Jordan offering before and am really enjoying the way this goes together.  I thought I would post a quick pic of the subassemblies and parts that I spray painted.  Painting was done with rattle cans because I wanted to use multiple colors and hate to clean my airbrush. 
Jerry

engine909

postalkarl

Jerry:

very well done. Thanks for posting.

Karl

jerryrbeach

Ed and Karl,

Thank you both.  Always nice to have positive comments.
Jerry

jerryrbeach

I finished up the 1904 Jordan Oldsmobile.  This thing is tiny.  I posed it with a Jordan Mack AC to give some size perspective.  I'm calling this "done" as I do not intend to build the track inspection car included in the kit.

There is a crazy amount of detail in this model.  It features a motor, radiator, and muffler, all somewhat visible underneath the chassis.
Jerry

ACL1504

Jerry,

Great job on the vehicles. you make it look so easy.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Working on those tiny kits makes me thing you are a man of infinite patience Jerry.....well done.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Dennis Bourey

Wow Jerry, That came out awesome and it's so tiny lol....Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

jerryrbeach

Quote from: ACL1504 on May 31, 2020, 01:57:02 PM
Jerry,

Tom  ;D

Tom,

Thanks for the compliment.  I find using a magnifier, some good tweezers, and applying the glue with either a fine brush or the tip of a wire (with a dowel handle) helps the process.
Jerry

jerryrbeach

Quote from: ACL1504 on May 31, 2020, 01:57:02 PM
Jerry,

Tom  ;D

Tom,

Thanks for the compliment.  I find a strong magnifier, some good tweezers, and applying the glue with a very small brush or a wire (with a dowel handle) makes the process easier.
Jerry

jerryrbeach

Quote from: GPdemayo on May 31, 2020, 06:27:23 PM
Working on those tiny kits makes me thing you are a man of infinite patience Jerry.....well done.  8)

Greg,

Jaime says this hobby takes the patience of a saint. ;D   I really enjoy building vehicles because it is easy to see progress in short order where other parts of the hobby require more time before you see your work coming together.
Jerry

jerryrbeach

Quote from: Dennis Bourey on May 31, 2020, 07:05:24 PM
Wow Jerry, That came out awesome and it's so tiny lol....Dennis

Dennis,

I was surprised how small it is.  Still, IMO this is one of the easier Jordans I have done.  The parts fit together well and once I started it just seemed to flow.  Thanks for your generosity.
Jerry

Dennis Bourey

My Pleasure Jerry. Thank you also.......Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

Fantastic work Jerry. I have built a few Jordons - I spent most of my time looking for the little parts on the floor under my workbench. :-[
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

jerryrbeach

John,

Thanks for the kind words.  I'd be a liar if I said I didn't spend time looking for parts I dropped.  Nice too know I'm not alone in that.
Jerry