The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: nycjeff on August 08, 2020, 09:31:34 AM
Tom, I really enjoyed your last video. You have raised the bar that all model railroaders try ro reach. Thank you for all you do to promote our hobby. Jeff

Jeff,

Thank you, much appreciate the kind and generous compliment. We have fun doing the videos. Happy you are enjoying the thread.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on August 08, 2020, 09:35:33 AM
Hey Tom:

This looks really good so far. Can't wait to see what you do with it. I love dock scenes. The 2 Campbell docks and buildings that go with them was one of my favorites. I built it many years ago and donated it to one of the Model RR clubs around here.

Karl

Karl

Karl,

I hope to finish the docks with in the next week, no promises. I built that entire Campbell series as well and it was a lot of fun. Sold it to another modeler some 30+ years ago.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on August 08, 2020, 09:49:25 AM
Tom

The docks look great, I love the variation you achieved with the stain.

John,

Thank you for the compliment on the docks. I appreciate you following along.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

cuse

Nice Tom. Great woodwork on the docks...and level, as always!

John

ACL1504

Quote from: cuse on August 08, 2020, 01:37:06 PM
Nice Tom. Great woodwork on the docks...and level, as always!

John

John,

Thank for stopping by and for the compliment on the docks. This is a fun build. I have so many ideas for scratch building but I'm not sure they'll all get attention.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I haven't posted here lately much to the disappointment of many followers. Truth be told I have been busy liquidating my friend's, Jim Miller, railroad stuff. Ebay has kept me quite busy listing and selling Jim's lifelong collection of goodies.

I do promise to get back to my layout in a few more weeks or at least a month.

That said, I have a story to go along with selling Jim's collection for his lovely wife Claire.

I met Jim and Claire some 40+ years ago. When I found out he was from Michigan, I gave him an old, not so old back in the mid 70's, Varney Michigan Central gondola. He used the gondola in revenue service on his railroad for 40+ years.

When the Judge and I met with Claire to get some of his stuff to start the liquidation process, I was given this box and a note in Jim's own printing.

Yes, in the box was the Michigan Central gondola.

More in a few.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The Michigan Central gondola is now in revenue service on the Atlantic and Southern Railroad.

It is still in excellent condition with nothing broken on the freight car. I did convert the trucks to Athearn sprung trucks when I gave Jim the car.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Jim also loved the Pere Marquette Berkshire locomotives. In his estate we found an MTH PM Berkshire, 2-8-4. Today, the Juidge and I ran the loco on the Atlantic and Southern Railroad in honor of our dear friend and brother, Jim Miller.

Of course this is the loco used as a model for the movie The Polar Express.

The Michigan Central gondola is just behind the tender of the 2-8-4 in the YouTube video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=797C2AQFyRE&t=56s

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Great video and tribute to Jim. Well done Bill and Tom.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on August 21, 2020, 05:41:27 PM
Jim also loved the Pere Marquette Berkshire locomotives. In his estate we found an MTH PM Berkshire, 2-8-4. Today, the Juidge and I ran the loco on the Atlantic and Southern Railroad in honor of our dear friend and brother, Jim Miller.

The Michigan Central gondola is just behind the tender of the 2-8-4 in the YouTube video below.

Tom and Bill

Jim's locomotive looks great on the Atlantic & Southern - great tribute to our forum friend.  He is missed.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Blazeman

A nice way to to commemorate your friendship with the man.

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

Nice looking Gon. Thanks for sharing.

Karl

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on August 21, 2020, 06:27:25 PM
Great video and tribute to Jim. Well done Bill and Tom.

Curt,

Thank you, he is surely missed. :'(

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on August 21, 2020, 07:46:55 PM
Quote from: ACL1504 on August 21, 2020, 05:41:27 PM

Tom and Bill

Jim's locomotive looks great on the Atlantic & Southern - great tribute to our forum friend.  He is missed.

John,

Thank you very much, he was a great friend for 45+ years.

Tom :'(
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Blazeman on August 21, 2020, 09:17:38 PM
A nice way to to commemorate your friendship with the man.

Larry,

Thank you very much my friend.

Tom
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com