The Granby Bates Project

Started by rpdylan, August 12, 2015, 06:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rpdylan

Thank you so much Karl- it means a lot to me your positive feedback.  This build has had its share of difficulties, mostly regarding the roof. Anyway, here is where I am now-  I had changed the pitch of the lower roof because I thought it looked better to me this way. In doing this, it created a larger wall area above, which kinda begged for a sign- so I made one.  I came up with an idea of what this business actually was.....
     I have been nibbling away at this little by little. I put together the little side building using wall material that was a freebie from Mount Alpert at the show in Scranton. Next step is the loading dock and then I can start to mount everything on the board and start the scenery process.  The back of the structure needs to be backed by a piece of black cardboard....
Bob C.

rpdylan

different angles:

Bob C.

deemery

Nice coloring!  Add some mud/dust splashes at the very bottom of the structure.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

rpdylan

Thanks! yes, one of my favorite parts of a build is the scenery/planting of the structure on the layout/base.  I hate when I see a model with space between the ground and the structure! You are right about the lower portions of buildings- they are usually pretty dirty when compared to the upper areas. I wait until the structure is mounted before I start hitting it with powders, ect.
    I'm pretty happy with the way its turning out- especially since I only had 1 photo to go by! This thing would make a hell of a kit!

Bob C.
Bob C.

rpdylan

in case anyone is interested.....this is the inside....
Bob C.

cuse

rpdylan

Still nibbling away at this, just starting to "plant" the structure with scenery, ect.

Bob C.

postalkarl

Hi RP:

Very nicely done. You can be proud of that model. It's one of my favorites from the F&SM.

Karl

rpdylan

Thanks Karl! I'm happy with the way it came out- especially since I was "winging" it as I went along! I think its gonna look nice in the background of the layout. I need to stop scratchbuilding for a bit as I have so many kits on the shelf! 
Bob C.