Foscale Carter's Supply

Started by SteveCuster, January 13, 2019, 04:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveCuster

Hello everyone.

I recently completed work on a quick build of Carter Supply from Foscale I wanted to share. I changed a few things to give it my own touch.

Let me know what you think.

I didn't include the small corrugated metal shed to the left of the front of the building in my build. Instead I added a chimney, a small fence and some junk.

I changed the roofing on the main building from tarpaper to diamond shaped shingles. I made these using pinking shears. I colored the tarpaper smaller roofing with red to give it a little contrast.

The chimney casting is from BEST I believe. The smaller vent is from FSM. I'm not sure who made all the barrels and things. I pulled them out of my box of random castings.

Nothing real interesting back here. This area will not be visible on the layout. I changed the flat roofing also. This roof was done by spraying a card with black paint and sprinkling on fine cinders. It came out a little patchy but you wont be able to see it once I place it on the layout.

The pallets in the foreground are from Northeastern. I'm not sure about some of the junk on the porch. I think the hand truck is FSM.

Overall this was a nice kit and only took a few days to assemble.

Thanks for checking in.

-Steve

Steve Custer

rpdylan

Nice work Steve,,, great idea with the diamond shingles and the red roof. The color choice for the structure is nice also. All around fantastic job, especially given that you finished it in a few days!
Bob C.

GPdemayo

Very nice commercial structure.....well done Steve.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

cuse

Great work as always Steve. Your coloring and weathering is always perfect to me. It's not dirty, dilapidated, or damaged, it's just awesome! well done!

John

postalkarl

Hey Steve:

WOW!!!!!!! Beautifully done. Love the colors.

Karl.

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

Dave K.

Really nice build.👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Bruce Oberleitner

As they used to say in the 1970's

Dyn-O-Mite!

Looks great to me.  Thanks for posting on the forum.

madharry

Nice work Steve, this is one of my favourite buildings from Fos.
Mike (Carter) :)

ReadingBob

Terrific job Steve!  That looks great.   ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Steve,

Ditto to all the above comments. 8)

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

SteveCuster

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone!
Steve Custer