Sierra West Loco & Service Shops:

Started by postalkarl, December 14, 2019, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hey Guys:

Tried to post a photo and is still not working. anyone else having this problem .

Karl

postalkarl

Hey All:

Here's A photo of what I'm working on.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Been working on the outside walls. They are finished except for some details. The bottom wall is an interior wall and and not finished.

Here's A Photo.

Karl

postalkarl

Hey Guys:

got it that time guess it was to big.

Karl

Jerry

Karl great weathering.

Your a real master on getting your weathering just about right not to old not to new.  PERFECT!!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

postalkarl

Hey Jerry:

thanks buddy very much appreciated.

Karl

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

NEMMRRC

Thanks for sharing your build, Karl.

The more I build these kits the more I want to make them look like the landscape I see daily in my part of the country. It's funny how wood and metal weather differently in different areas of the country. Out here where I live metal roofs end up rusting a deep burgundy. You hardly ever see that in craftsman kit pilot models.

Anyway, your model will turn out fantastic, Karl.

Jaime

Opa George

Nice work on the walls, Karl. 
--Opa George

postalkarl

Hey John:

Thanks buddy much appreciated.

Karl

postalkarl

Hey Jaime:

Thanks for the great reply. I have to say I've never seen a roof rust A deep burgundy. Feel free to post a pic of one here if you want. Would love to see how it looks.

Karl

postalkarl

Hey Opa George:

Thanks for the compliment. Glad you like how they turned out.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Finished the doors on one of the side walls. here's a Photo.

Karl

postalkarl

Hey All:

Been working on the engine house doors today. Quite A job. All separate boards.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Got the doors done for the side shop done. All separate boards stained with A&I the each board is dry-brushed with peeling white paint. Hinges are laser cut and are rather fragile. So they take A little time to install.

On to the Loco Shop Doors.

Karl