2020 Build Challenge - FSM kit 145 Coal Tower

Started by S&S RR, January 01, 2020, 01:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

John,

Great build, love that old weathered coal stained door under the light. Just perfect. Keep up the great work.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

vinceg

So much detail. Spectacular, John. Love it.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

ReadingBob

Wonderful.  Note to self - prepare for a interesting journey when I pull this one off the shelf.  Won't happen for quite some time but this is a really neat looking kit.   ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

SteveCuster

Steve Custer

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on March 07, 2020, 06:05:13 PM
John,

Great build, love that old weathered coal stained door under the light. Just perfect. Keep up the great work.

Tom ;D

Tom

Thank you for the kind words - there will be coal dust and dirt, the S&S RR is a working RR in the late 1940's.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: vinceg on March 07, 2020, 07:10:35 PM
So much detail. Spectacular, John. Love it.

Vince

Thank you, there is much more detail to come.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: ReadingBob on March 07, 2020, 07:13:16 PM
Wonderful.  Note to self - prepare for a interesting journey when I pull this one off the shelf.  Won't happen for quite some time but this is a really neat looking kit.   ;D

Bob

I'm working on my three favorite FSM kits right now. Funny how that works. This is a great kit - I had a long talk with George about it and he told me some of the details he left out of the kit (see the pictures I posted). I plan to add a few of them.  This is one of those kits where you're 20% complete when you get the structure built. I think it's about the same for Swakhammers, and Fox Run, the other two kits on my workbench.
John Siekirk

Mark Dalrymple

Looking good, John.

Nice detail with the eave brackets.

Cheers, Mark.

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

Opa George

I really like this structure and am enjoying following--wonderful job on it.  I need to look more into lighting for my structures.
--Opa George

S&S RR

Quote from: Opa George on March 09, 2020, 05:40:57 AM
I really like this structure and am enjoying following--wonderful job on it.  I need to look more into lighting for my structures.
--Opa George

George

Thank you for following along and the kind words. I have lots of details to add but this one is starting to take shape. As with all my builds, I take these progress pictures to study and create a fix list.
John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Today, I added the roofing and some details to the sand shed and tool shed.

John Siekirk