FSM Chippy Hollow Hardware

Started by SteveCuster, December 07, 2019, 05:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hey Steve:

you have done just one beautiful job on this one. All looks just great.

Karl

sdrees

Very outstanding work Steve.  WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve Drees
SP RR

SteveCuster

Thanks everyone!

Small update today, not much modeling time these last few days.

I need to add the track and scenery to this area before I can proceed with the cranes.

I added some ground cover and the lower mounting plate for the crane.

The crane assembly came in 2 pieces. The majority of this casting is wood so I primed it with khaki spray.

I colored all the metal parts with Apple Barrel Pavement and added the air pump and the gear. I also weathered it with some chalks and dry brushing.

I added the hook and mounted the crane to the loading dock. I really didn't like the way the hook was sitting.

I glued a few of the crates to a pallet, added some rope and mounted the hook this way. This looked more natural to me.

I colored the wood for the overhead crane. Hopefully Ill get some time to work on that tonight.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm glad to have everyone following along.
Steve Custer

engine909

As expected you have done some great modeling Steve. Thank you for taking the time to share and comment.
ed

Oldguy

Oh, oh, that really looks good.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

SteveCuster

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback.
Steve Custer

postalkarl

Hey Steve:

WOW!!! beautiful job on the crane.

Karl

ACL1504

Steve,

Can't think of anything else to add to all the other comments. Well done.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

tom.boyd.125

Steve,
Outstanding build !
The coloring is fantastic !
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Opa George

Steve, very nice!  Ingenious and common sense solution to getting that crane line taut.  Falls in the "why have I never thought of doing that?" category.
--Opa George

Mark Dalrymple

Looking superb, Steve.

Cheers, Mark.

SteveCuster

Thanks Everyone!

Todays update...The overhead crane assembly.

I assembled the first side of the crane assembly. Pretty straightforward assembly..lots of small NBW castings though.

I added the compressor to the backside of the crane.

Started working on the other side..

I added the rail assemblies to the top of the traveling crane. The kit doesn't provide the rail. George recommended code 100 but this is darkened rail from micro-engineering and I think it's code 70.

I added the small 90 degree metal plates to between the rail portion and the uprights. I also added the boom assembly.

I'm probably going to work on the color of the wood portion of the traveling crane. Maybe add some more gray tones to match the uprights.

I still need to add a bumper to the track. I had a Hayes type from Tichy but I didn't really like it once I put it together.  It was too fragile and I didn't think it could take even the slightest bump from a boxcar without falling apart.

After I finish some little details on the crane I'll be moving to the long dock roof assembly.

Thanks for following along everyone.
Steve Custer

Opa George

So many gorgeous details, and the traveling crane is really nice. Beautiful job, Steve.
--Opa George

Jerry

Steve that is some wonderful modeling your doing.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln