Bar Mills - The Barn At Jackson Corners

Started by Larry.h, May 15, 2020, 11:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Larry,

Thanks, we all love pictures here.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

tom.boyd.125

Larry,
Nice coloring on the wood.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Larry.h

I finally got time to get back to the barn. The roof is done and a few of the details have been added. I built the diorama base from masonite. Signs, weathering and more details in the near future.

jerryrbeach

Larry,

Looks great.  I really like the "damage" to the bottom of the walls along the eaves.  Excellent modeling!
Jerry

WigWag Workshop

Really like this build!Can't wait to build my first barn, will be using these pictures for references.

-Steven
A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

vinceg

+1 on the rotting wood near the ground. Also love the hay bales. Nice job.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

ACL1504

Larry,

Most excellent job, thanks for sharing.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

I'll echo what everyone has said Larry.... looks wonderful!  Well done!  :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

postalkarl

Hey Larry:

Looks just beautiful. Bar Mills puts out A pretty nice kit. I have lots of their kits and Artie lets me build some of them on here once in A while.

Karl

PainTrain

I'm going to have to give that marker technique a shot.  It turned out very nice.

engine909

I endorse the use of markers. From Sharpie extra fine to the high end ones. The color selection is endless. Very useful even on stained wood after cutting and you are left with a white end. Touch up, highlighting. Many uses. To achieve the bottom dirt look, just press and let the stain up up the board. Or down. Last forever. Most have a fat and narrow tip.
ed

cuse

Nice work...that's one of my favorites among the kits that I have built

great coloring, in particular!

John