Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Dalrymple

Nice to see some new starts of the show there, courtesy of Dan.  Some lovely additions to your empire.

I agree that the light in the roundhouse looks just right - not too bright.

Cheers, Mark.

postalkarl

Hey John:

They all look just great. Enjoy em. Like the Avrams too.

Karl

ReadingBob

Wow.   :o  Dan's work is fantastic.  Those look really wonderful.  They're a great addition to the layout!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

S&S RR

Quote from: mark dalrymple on July 09, 2020, 02:34:47 AM
Nice to see some new starts of the show there, courtesy of Dan.  Some lovely additions to your empire.

I agree that the light in the roundhouse looks just right - not too bright.

Cheers, Mark.

Hi Mark

Thank you for stopping by and the encouraging words. Dan sure does some amazing work. I'm very thankful to have his contribution to the layout.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: ReadingBob on July 09, 2020, 08:46:29 AM
Wow.   :o  Dan's work is fantastic.  Those look really wonderful.  They're a great addition to the layout!

Bob

Thank you for stopping by and your wonderful contributions to the layout. The Avram's build sure made a great spot for a car show.
John Siekirk

Raymo

Glad they made it in one piece for the time they spent at the P.O. distribution center.

S&S RR

Quote from: Raymo on July 09, 2020, 09:34:18 AM
Glad they made it in one piece for the time they spent at the P.O. distribution center.

Me too! I was very worried we had lost them.  Dan is referring to the fact that the priority shipping box that he shipped them in went MIA in the Detroit distribution center for two weeks.  Total time for 2 day shipping - three weeks. Dan had them packaged so well there was no damage. This is not his first rodeo.  ;) We need the EXPO's and Narrow Gauge Conventions back so we can meet in person and I can drive them back myself.  Thank you again Dan for the beautiful contributions to the S&S RR. Your detail work is amazing.
John Siekirk

Raymo

Quote from: S&S RR on July 09, 2020, 10:26:46 AM
Quote from: Raymo on July 09, 2020, 09:34:18 AM

Me too! I was very worried we had lost them.  Dan is referring to the fact that the priority shipping box that he shipped them in went MIA in the Detroit distribution center for two weeks.  Total time for 2 day shipping - three weeks. Dan had them packaged so well there was no damage. This is not his first rodeo.  ;) We need the EXPO's and Narrow Gauge Conventions back so we can meet in person and I can drive them back myself.  Thank you again Dan for the beautiful contributions to the S&S RR. Your detail work is amazing.
I try..👍

tom.boyd.125

John.
The roundhouse projects looks great . Bob's FSM bakery is a beautiful structure. Dan's cars and trucks are a work of art.
Looks like the S&S RR is a proud dream coming true in your home. Thanks for sharing all your work in these photos as an inspiration for all of us.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Zephyrus52246

Dan does have the gift with making vehicles.  They look fantastic.  Bob's structure ain't bad either!   ;D

Jeff

S&S RR

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on July 09, 2020, 12:14:52 PM
John.
The roundhouse projects looks great . Bob's FSM bakery is a beautiful structure. Dan's cars and trucks are a work of art.
Looks like the S&S RR is a proud dream coming true in your home. Thanks for sharing all your work in these photos as an inspiration for all of us.
Tommy

Tommy

Thank you for following along and the kind words - one of the best parts of this hobby is the friends you make along the way and having Bob's and Dan's work as part of the layout is fantastic.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on July 09, 2020, 01:59:34 PM
Dan does have the gift with making vehicles.  They look fantastic.  Bob's structure ain't bad either!   ;D

Jeff

Jeff

Thank you.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Well - the monster is about ready for the roofing crew. At the end of the day today I staged a ream of black construction paper on my workbench, along with the paper cutter.  How many sheets do you think I will need? I need to add a few wall sections in the back of the clerestory and the roofing will began. After the roofing I need to go over the complete model and touch up the detailing, and then add the doors. At that point, I will be moving this model to the layout for planting.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk