The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Donovan

Great progress Tom;

I've been slow to catch up due to computer issues. The new logo is neat.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

deemery

Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

Two great paint jobs. Both the Loco and box car look great.

Karl

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on July 13, 2020, 04:41:01 PM
Hey Tom:

Beautiful paint job on that one.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you very much my friend.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Jim Donovan on July 14, 2020, 04:35:57 PM
Great progress Tom;

I've been slow to catch up due to computer issues. The new logo is neat.

Jim D

Jim,

Thanks very much. Hope you and the boss have a wonderful time up north. I got the idea of the logo from Cliff Powers.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on July 16, 2020, 03:11:22 PM
Hey Tom:

Two great paint jobs. Both the Loco and box car look great.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you, the loco I did and the boxcar was done by Cliff Powers for his Mississippi, Alabama and Gulf - The Magnolia Route.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

After seven brass loco paint jobs, I'm back working on the layout for a couple months. I'm concentrating on the Large Tahope river area.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I sprayed the Tahope bridge support base with a rattle can of a concrete gray color.

The Ho scale tallus, in my opinion, was to big so I filled the base with HO scale track ballast from Arizona Rock.

Continued -

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I used the same ballast to fill the Tahope Highway bridge supports. I glued them with matte medium.

I used Woodland Scenics Earth Undercoat to paint over the earth sides of the river.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

It's great to see you working on the layout again.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Jerry

That's a pretty good size river!

Great start it will be fun watching this all come together.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Jim Donovan

I agree with Jerry, big river, is it the St. Johns or Suwanee?  I use to fish on the St Johns south of Jacksonville. It sure was wide and wonderful. Caught my largest bass (little over 8 pounds) from the Green Cove area. Also caught a 3 pound Flounder there! I think that's about 30 miles from the river's mouth.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad