Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: engine909 on May 19, 2020, 11:57:40 PM
Beautiful modeling John. You are very kind to share.
TM

TM

Thank you, and you are welcome.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: vinceg on May 20, 2020, 12:10:20 AM
Quote from: S&S RR on May 19, 2020, 08:55:38 PM
Roundhouse castings have taken over my workshop.

Dude, you are a modeling machine!

Vince

Thank you for coming up with a nice way of saying I'm crazy. It's okay I have company here on the forum.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on May 20, 2020, 12:23:26 AM
Hey John:

WOW!!! looks like you got lots of work done. I'll have to agree with Vince.

Karl

Karl

Thank you, I'm not working and Karl speed but it's coming along.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on May 20, 2020, 12:58:42 AM
Looks great John.

Can't wait to see tis monster glued up!!

Jerry

Jerry

Thank you for the complements and I'm looking forward to getting the glue bottles out, too. I need to finish the painting and weathering process on the walls and then get the window castings in the windows. I'm hoping to get some wall glued together this week.
John Siekirk

tom.boyd.125

John,
Your brick roundhouse project is looking fantastic. It will be one of the go to scenes to be looked at area on the S&S RR.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

S&S RR

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on May 20, 2020, 11:43:42 AM
John,
Your brick roundhouse project is looking fantastic. It will be one of the go to scenes to be looked at area on the S&S RR.
Tommy

Tommy

Thank you for stopping by the thread and for the encouraging words.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update:  The first batch of widow castings for the Brick Roundhouse has made it's way through the paint booth.  Now for some window glass and installation.

John Siekirk

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on May 20, 2020, 11:19:01 PM
Keep at it John.

Jerry

Yup - I will, it's the only way to get these big projects done.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update:  Wayne Olson has been working on a few projects for the layout while we have been in our stay at home mode.  He is bringing over a boat that he just finished and picking up some supplies for making trees and another boat kit.  I will take some pictures of his latest boat models and post them later today. It sure will be nice when this hobby can get back to being fun with friends.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Here are a few pictures of the boats that Wayne Olson has built for the future water front scene on the S&S  Railroad.

He will be dropping off one more today. And has kits for two more in his survival kit. The waterfront scene is a large area that will have many boats.  Wayne took the detailing as far as he could go until we have them in place on the layout.
John Siekirk

vinceg

Those boats look excellent, John. Are those Seaport Model Works kits? Really gorgeous.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Mark Dalrymple

S&S RR

Quote from: vinceg on May 23, 2020, 02:16:49 PM
Those boats look excellent, John. Are those Seaport Model Works kits? Really gorgeous.

Vince

Thank you, yes Wayne did a great job on them. I believe all three of them are Seaport.  Wayne brought over another one today and I will share a few pictures of it tomorrow. My long range plan for the layout has two areas where I will have waterfront scenes so I have room for a number of boats.  I have been picking up kits at shows for years.  Wayne really like to build boat models so he plans on building a few more.
John Siekirk