And the madness begins

Started by Timbob60, August 20, 2016, 04:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEMMRRC

How much will a built-up Jordan go for ?

Jaime

Raymo

Quote from: NEMMRRC on August 23, 2016, 06:48:43 AM

Jaime
I assume it depends on the builder.

NEMMRRC

Quote from: Raymo on August 23, 2016, 07:15:49 AM
Quote from: NEMMRRC on August 23, 2016, 06:48:43 AM

Jaime
I assume it depends on the builder.
Got it. I hope I don't have to pay more than $5/each to unload the ones I've built  ;D

Jaime

S&S RR

Ebay has lost it's usefulness as a market place for modelers. It's just collectors trading inventory. We will all get a chance to buy Jordon's at the NG Convention for a reasonable price.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

bparrish

Gents...

This is turning into an interesting conversation.

John.......... I think you are right about Ebay for modelers.  It is certainly become a place not inhabited by modelers but people who want to bulk up their 401-k.

Jaime.... you pose an interesting conversation that has a wider reach than Jordan cars.  What is something worth after assembled.  Noted above...... depends on who builds it.

In some instances it doesn't matter who so much as the fact that the kit is out of the box.  I've had this conversation with a modeler here in town as he and I have closed up several estate railroads. What is a built freight car worth?  Blue box Athearn is a good example.  NOT MUCH ! !!

Except that it has retro fitted , for example, trucks and couplers.  So not just those parts on the car put it at 8 or 9 bux.... depending on the added parts.

So with other stuff........... Karl might answer this one.......... what is a FSM kit worth once built.

Then add to it........ It was built ten or fifteen years ago....... What are the factors ? ? ? ?

I think at the end it is all about what it is and who is willing to give what for this or that built model.

There is no question that things change once they are out of the box and built; but to what degree.

So waddya you boys think.

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

NEMMRRC

I've seen built-up FSM kits go for the same price or less than an unbuilt kit. The only one who I know personally that has gotten more for a built-up FSM kit than an unbuilt one is THE Runner. Dr. Ben has managed it but after a long period of advertising. Jimmy likely has sold built-up FSM kits for more than the new kit price.

I wouldn't buy a built-up FSM kit. I'd  rather built it myself.

Your mileage may vary.

Jaime

bparrish

Jaime......

That's exactly why I think built brings less than the unbuilt box.

Thanx
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

NEMMRRC

Quote from: bparrish on August 23, 2016, 01:41:34 PM
Jaime......

That's exactly why I think built brings less than the unbuilt box.

Thanx
Bob
And that is a shame because some builders do great work. I'd say in order to profitably sell a built-up kit one needs a buyer from the onset (commissioned work).

Jaime

Rail and Tie

Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

NEMMRRC

Quote from: Rail and Tie on August 23, 2016, 01:55:23 PM
...and another one hits the market in the same range! 
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/HO-Scale-Jordan-Highway-Miniatures-1923-FORD-MODEL-T-Truck-kit-New-in-Box/112096831896?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140620091118%26meid%3D29211bd82f9a498689131d635de73a76%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D122086948520
I really think it is a scam based on the same bidders... Crazy prices when some of these are still available at a few stores for 8-9 dollars...
That's nuts !

I built one of these. I think I still may have an unbuilt one.

Crazy!!

Jaime

S&S RR

I picked up a couple dozen Jordon's at the Houston Narrow Gauge Convention for 3 dollars a piece. They fit real nice in a suit case when your flying.   This is a simple a case of buyer be wear.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

NEMMRRC

Here is a Jordan fire engine currently at a bargain :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/142088901684

Jaime

Raymo

Final price, 51 US dollars. Let's see what the next one goes for!

NEMMRRC

Janbouli

I picked up 2 of those fire engines for 8 pounds each , those were the last Jordans from Model Junction though.
I love photo's, don't we all.