Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Update:  I got some more wiring done and started adding the NCE throttle control lines.  I will have both wireless and hard wire capability in the new section - same as the rest of the layout. I will be adding drop lines from each section of track and adding the main bus lines over the next few weeks as time permits.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I updated the layout diagram for the Superior & Seattle Railroad to the latest track plan. 
The picture above gives an overall view of the layout. Each of the numbers in the blue boxes is a track power block. 
The different colors represent DCC power districts.
The turnouts are also numbered - the small red numbers.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I will post some blowups of different sections of the layout diagram in the coming days,  for reference. I'm also working on a layout at a glance page.
John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

John, That is incredible workmanship. Very impressed by your work..........Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

Quote from: DennisBourey on September 04, 2019, 01:08:27 PM
John, That is incredible workmanship. Very impressed by your work..........Dennis

Dennis

Thank you,
John Siekirk

S&S RR

The next three pictures are the blow-up pictures of the layout diagram.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I am back from the Narrow Gauge Convention - the team in Sacramento did a nice job. I had a good time, met some new model railroading friends, saw some great layouts, and attended a number of new clinics.  I came back ready to go back to work on the S&S RR. After I recover from spending a whole day in airports and airplanes I will be getting right at it.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: I'm back at the wiring for the new phase of the layout. I have about 8 tortoise machines to install then it will be on to the drops and track wiring. I'm excited about getting  back into the structure building, I hope to get the lid off that yellow box that has been sitting on my workbench for the past month, this weekend.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Today, I finished the fifth control panel for the Phase IV expansion of the S&S RR.  This is a duplicate panel that is directly below the turntable and roundhouse.  The three turnouts that control access to the turnout, routing to the reversing loop or entrance into the Superior yard will be controlled from three places. The main control panel for Superior Yard, this local control panel, and a yet to be installed panel next to the main control panel for the Eagles Nest Yard.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Here is a picture of the sister control panel next to the main control panel for the Superior Yard.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Notice the air hose for the air nailer on top of the benchwork.  As I complete the drops for the track power in an area, the facia and moldings are going on. ;D ;D  Getting close to building structures again.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update:  I spent most of the day, yesterday, running wires and checking voltages.  Getting ready to hook the drop wires to the main bus wires.  I'm in the final push to get this section of the layout running. ;D
John Siekirk