Ogden & Cache Valley RR

Started by Onewolf, April 04, 2016, 03:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onewolf

I thought I would start a message thread covering my current layout under construction.

The overall layout design.  It's a three level mushroom design and it will be a freelance version of the Union Pacific OSL between Ogden and the Cache Valley around 1957.  In my freelance world the Utah Railway shares track rights with UP in this area as well.

Onewolf

Onewolf

We built a detached garage/workshop last year to house the layout (amongst other things).  I consider it my Florida 'basement'.

Here's the layout room (28x32) before construction on the layout started:

Onewolf

Building the 'center platform' that forms the mushroom "room within a room".

cuse

Wow!! That's big time! Look forward to meeting soon.

John

ACL1504

Quote from: Cuse on April 04, 2016, 05:21:11 PM
Wow!! That's big time! Look forward to meeting soon.

John

I agree with John, looks great and look forward to meeting.

Count me as following your thread. Nice to know we now have another modeler in the neighborhood.

Oh, and welcome to the thread and sorry we missed you at the Expo.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

coors2u

Dustin

ak-milw

Looks like another layout to drool over.

Zephyrus52246

Appears to be major construction going on.  Hope you got a building permit.   ;D Looking forward to watching you progress on this.

Jeff

bparrish

I don't think my house is framed that good......

see ya
Bob

Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

Janbouli

A layout build from scratch , thank you , will be following along.
I love photo's, don't we all.

sdrees

Welcome to the forum.  I will be following.  With the major construction you have done, it ought to survive those Florida hurricanes.
Steve Drees
SP RR

Onewolf

I'll be speeding along with the construction photos in order to catch up to current state.  Many more photos are included in the photo album link I provided above.